I learn't some new things new today.

JeffR

Well actually I learned three things today:

1. If ones wife catches one drying newly painted seat brackets in the oven, she really will go ABSOLUTELY APE.

2. I don't think the solvents in paint enhance the flavour of loaded potato skins one bloody iota.

3. Gonna take quite a while to get that smell out of the oven - anyone got any suggestions?

A Burger covered in EP90?

That would take away the smell - or at the very least hide it.

I think, what you really need is a diversion to make the Oven seem less important. Something like the Dishwasher catching fire because of all the swarf which has found it's way into the pump - has that effect!

Si

Loaded skins that taste of xylene are really nasty.... But poundshop car paint sets like bloody cement at 70c for 20 mins (don't know was gas number that is....), can't chip it with a hammer.

Takeaway for tea tonight....more bloody expense

Soda bicarb is suppose to work.... how well / quickly, no idea...

You could try lacing it with lemon juice and turning up the heat to evaporate the lemon juice and the vapour from the lemon may mask or absorb the paint vapours.

..... you could always try burning something, that will probably work too!

"..... you could always try burning something, that will probably work too!" that's the wives job (I really really hope the bugger don't read this, ask Honiton Hobbit, my wife's bloody scary),

There is an interior motive , could do with fitting a large oven in the garage as I fancy buying one of Eastwoods home powder coating sets.......

Well actually I learned three things today:

1. If ones wife catches one drying newly painted seat brackets in the oven, she really will go ABSOLUTELY APE.

2. I don't think the solvents in paint enhance the flavour of loaded potato skins one bloody iota.

3. Gonna take quite a while to get that smell out of the oven - anyone got any suggestions?

Lol :D an open box of Bicarb soda on the rack works well but it isn't as quick as water and vinegar in an oven proof pot. Put a large pot of water on a low rack in your oven, and crank the oven. Allow the water to boil in your oven for up to an hour until you can no longer smell the odours in the your oven at all. The boiling water helps to eradicate the offending smells so you don't have to worry about the bad smells making your future meals taste nasty.

As for sprays I'm not sure.

not really of any use, it's built in....

That just means you need to knock up a little platform and that it's take up less space.

I've been looking on eBay for an old built in oven to go with a home powdercoating gun - I could fit it under my bench :)

PMSL BUT ......tum de tum ...................

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=58720&hl=bread

:blush: sure we are not related ?

N

I am gonna have to start looking very closely into my family tree;

bearing in mind I'm supposed to be an intelligent, practical scientist, sometimes (the wife, especially) folks think that I've fallen from the stupid tree and are in the process of hitting very bloody branch on the way down........

Should have been there when I got my shot firing certificate whilst working for NCB - workmates were scared, very scared.

PMSL BUT ......tum de tum ...................

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=58720&hl=bread

:blush: sure we are not related ?

N

PMSL :hysterical: , oh my insides hurt!

What part of diff + bread in same oven did not ring alarm bells??

Maybe the oven smelt of bread afterwards for a while and the customer probably thought he'd been sent the wrong box before opening it given the nice scent of bread, so the experiment was a winner all round I guess.