Went laning: photos

Nick Boy

Some of our sponsors have asked us to send them photos of us using their equipment, so we duly set off on Sunday with a professional photographer in tow, and we got over 150 photos going along a greenlane in Guildford.

I have loads of photos, but if you want any more, do ask me.

I think the photos look reminiscent of camel trophy (only not so hardcore).

More photos here, but this is a teaser:

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

Photos credited to Syncapate Design.

More Photos

One of the sisters to our one was on the cover of LRM a few months back, and a few companies have used these vehicles for their media.

DSC00117.JPG

i want a sponsor, too (besides myself) :D

great defender you have! it looks awesome and must be a great fun to take it offroad

i believe i saw your vehicle on one magazine, a few months back... can't remember which or when :huh:

Both the snorkels feed into the same airbox, but the theory is, as there are two snorkels, the bore is doubled, allowing more air into the airfilter. Hence more efficient running.

Personally, I believe the reality is, the guy who put them there is totally pedantic, and wanted it to be even!

Hi Nick,

Why do you have two snorkels fitted or rather what does the other snorkel do!! :)

Grant

Guest diesel_jim
Both the snorkels feed into the same airbox, but the theory is, as there are two snorkels, the bore is doubled, allowing more air into the airfilter. Hence more efficient running.

Personally, I believe the reality is, the guy who put them there is totally pedantic, and wanted it to be even!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: /whistling innocently/......

HPIM0421.jpg

"A" green lane I notice. (Singular).

I also notice a bit of 'artful' tilting of the camera to enhance the side slope. Ah Yes, a professional photographer, that explains a lot.

Frankly, the people who regularly travel off the blacktop for enjoyment of the driving, and the countryside, can do without pictures of the excessive splash sort.

Totally uncalled for, and encouraging bad habits. When the water is a little deeper than you experienced there you can expect severe damage hitting it at that speed, never mind what the hidden rock, lump of metal, length of fencing wire, etc, will do.

You say your Sponsors encourage you in this sort of behavoir? Tell us who they are please, then we know who to avoid.

If you want to pose, please do it somewhere else, perhaps on a true Off-Road, Pay and Play site, not on the public highway, where your 'chav' tactics will rebound on the rest of us.

Thankyou.

With all due respect,

Yes, we went down a greenlane, and yes, there is some artful photography, thats why we took a photographer along. Personally, I believe that if a road, unpaved or not really forces you to do anything remotely dangerous, or irresponsible, then it shouldn't be a road, and it shouldn't be driven.

The last picture of the splash, was taken on a surfaced road, where we had driven through the puddle earlier in the day. The water was 8 inches deep at its deepest, It was not a ford, and was not connected with any running water. The excessive splash was partly computer enhanced. We had cordened off the road for 100m in each direction to ensure that we were acting responsibly and safely. We had checked on foot each inch underwater that the wheels would travel on, to ensure that there were no hidden rocks or ditches.

Both my brother and I have completed off road driving courses, (Level 2 land rover courses) and Daniel who was driving has completed an IAM advanced driving course.

That photo was taken simply to provide a 'good photo' for press releases. While I appreciate the need to encourage others to drive responsibly and reduce the media lust for wreckless driving photos, people do prefer to see them. As we were able to do this photo safely and with minimal risk to ourselves, the vehicle, the environment and others, we took a decision to do it.

In terms of our 'chav' tactics, I fail to see how you see a correlation between a safely executed photograph, and much of the terrible driving I see on a daily basis.

Nick

I also notice a bit of 'artful' tilting of the camera to enhance the side slope. Ah Yes, a professional photographer, that explains a lot.

Frankly, the people who regularly travel off the blacktop for enjoyment of the driving, and the countryside, can do without pictures of the excessive splash sort.

Totally uncalled for, and encouraging bad habits. When the water is a little deeper than you experienced there you can expect severe damage hitting it at that speed, never mind what the hidden rock, lump of metal, length of fencing wire, etc, will do.

You say your Sponsors encourage you in this sort of behavoir? Tell us who they are please, then we know who to avoid.

If you want to pose, please do it somewhere else, perhaps on a true Off-Road, Pay and Play site, not on the public highway, where your 'chav' tactics will rebound on the rest of us.

Thankyou.

Thankyou.

Get a life. Totally uncalled for 'flame'

Thankyou.

By any chance did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?

I for one like the pictures, the whole point of the forum is to share all things Land Rover, not to shoot the guy down for showing us some sponsor pics.

Jas

With all due respect,

In terms of our 'chav' tactics, I fail to see how you see a correlation between a safely executed photograph, and much of the terrible driving I see on a daily basis.

Nick

Hear hear!!

A calm and well considered retort to a pointless flame.

Its taken on a road (black top) its not even a green lane...

IMHO your coming on a bit strong.

We have all driven through puddles faster than we should it not like it on the local high street.

Having said that I have done that on Portswood highstreet and did get into trouble for doing that.. :ph34r:

I have to say I dont have a problem with any of the pictures. I have in the past asked some people (not on this forum) to remove pictures on some forums as they did show users in a bad light. I am a member of a group trying to keep Green Lanes open for all users. I have seen bigger splashes on the M54.

So keep posting the pictures.

Paul