Halfrauds

Les Brock

are they 8-19mm in 1mm increments?

Set of 12 in 1mm increments

Although I opted for the flex head ones at the same money

Its a set of 10 - I bought them about 2 weeks ago...

8, 10 ,11, 12 , 13, 14, 17, & 19 IIRC

Interesting that a set of 10 flex head was cheaper than a set of 8 flex head! - go figure?

Also it seems the stores local to me (Newark, Lincoln and Grantham) have a variation in stock and even pricing.

There does seem to be a variation in pricing between stores, might be worth shopping around.

You can get even more money off (15% IIRC) if you can get a trade card, you just have to work somewhere auto industry related and they'll give you one - theres even more discount off of their halfords branded parts filters etc, more than 70% in some cases :)

Lewis

I bought this set last time it was on offer too. It is 8mm - 19mm in 1mm increments - it includes odd sizes like 15 and 18mm...

Personally I don't like the flex head ones, but the fixed ones are the excellent.

Cheers

Mark

well i was going to go for swivel heads, they fiddly to use or is there strength issues?

No strength issues at all, its horses for courses, can be fiddley, but also they can get places a standard spanner cant, Ive just been and bought the set of fixed heads also, yes they are 8 - 19 in 1 mm increments.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have flexi heads and often curse them, but then again there have been plentry of occasions where a rigid head would not have reached....

Thres is definately a strong case for a set of both :D

and here is me sitting within 2miles of a store with a day off...

best wait a bit though, flat should be sold in 2-3 weeks will have a few pennies to waste/invest/enjoy then as im not buying a new place for a few months - any got some warm waterproof cardboard boxes?

well i spose its a good excuse to buy a set of both types

Ive got a set of both, the flex heads are useful at times.

With a trade card you dont get discout if the item has already been discounted (sale price). But normally you get 20% of Pro Tools. I brought some bulbs the other day Retail Price £2.49 Trade Price 48 pence, not a bad saving.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I bought this set last time it was on offer too. It is 8mm - 19mm in 1mm increments - it includes odd sizes like 15 and 18mm...

Cheers

Mark

found these:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...ategoryrn_31427

(if the link works) The picture is ok, but the cost is high and the description? Well... 18 piece bit set (flat blade, crosspoint, hex and star) with adaptors ??? what's that about then?

Just when I was beginning to think that Halfords are getting their act together and supplying some good kit. The obviously need to do some work on the web site too :(

Rog

ok so the link was truncated by some 'clever' software - this time you'll have to cust and paste:

"http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_162927_langId_-1_CarSelectorCatalogId__CarSelectorGroupId__varient__categoryId_31427_crumb_3395

-33943_parentcategoryrn_31427" without the quotes

Aw b*gger - I can't get this thing to work.. Sorry :(

Rog