Opinion wanted on Classic for sale.

rrr47

Ruined, but the ruin is reversible. If I bought it I'd sort the bumpers out, take off those bloody dreadful rear quarters and the frankly disgusting rear lights. Quite like the lights in the front grille though, definitely sort out the front side lights. I'd also restore the arches inside the back doors to satin black, nothing worse than trying to gloss everything.

I'd also give the current owner a swift kick in the balls and ask what on earth he was thinking.

While the stock rear lights on a Classic are far from beautiful IMO, this is definitely not an improvement.

The spoiler is pretty ugly too, as are the marker lights/indicators. The grille is cool though, in fact you used to be able to buy an aftermarket 4-lamp grille for the RRC.

Those look pretty cool IMO.

39562d1372419338-4-light-grill-not-image

It's hard to tell, but I think they may have rounded the corners of the bonnet to make it more similar to the L322's. That'd be hard to rectify without replacement. They must have spent a lot of money on this, and all to ill-effect.

As for the wheel arches, later RRCs had body coloured arches (and the inner wings, rad panel and bonnet slam too), and I prefer that - it looks less piece-meal.

As for the wheel arches, later RRCs had body coloured arches (and the inner wings, rad panel and bonnet slam too), and I prefer that - it looks less piece-meal.

Fair enough, I prefer the contrast of the inner bits being satin black, whatever the colour of the outer body.

Each to their own though (that does not apply to the rest of the vehicle by the way...)

It's hard to tell, but I think they may have rounded the corners of the bonnet to make it more similar to the L322's. That'd be hard to rectify without replacement. They must have spent a lot of money on this, and all to ill-effect.

I agree, the bonnet does look altered as you stated, other wise the over hang on the side/indicator lights would be huge.

Ruined, but the ruin is reversible. If I bought it I'd sort the bumpers out, take off those bloody dreadful rear quarters and the frankly disgusting rear lights. Quite like the lights in the front grille though, definitely sort out the front side lights. I'd also restore the arches inside the back doors to satin black, nothing worse than trying to gloss everything.

I'd also give the current owner a swift kick in the balls and ask what on earth he was thinking.

De blinging can be quite easy. My current (Black :hysterical: ) P38 had 20" RR Sport alloys side steps and some extra chrome bits which did nothing for the look of the car IMHO. Now back to standard and looks and drives much better. In my opinion if you want an L322 or Sport save up and buy one in the long run it is cheaper than trying to make one out of an older model......Having said that I have a set of 20" alloys for sale if someone is thinking about it :hysterical::hysterical: