VIN sale reporting

robertspark

basically a disco then with a RR transfer box. Didn't know they made Disco's in 1967??? :hysterical::rtfm:

cleary says 'done over the last 3 years' so how is it tax exempt ? used a Disco chassis so should be carrying the Disco VIN & Reg number or a Q reg.

Definately not on legal plates should be a Q plate, might just if you asked very nicely manage to keep the Disco plate but only if they didn't look to close and everything else added up.

Having said that does look quite nicely done, would make a nice run around for someone assuming the chassis work has been done well which is always the big question and why I support the SVA / IVA testing (I have seen some incredably bad chassis work in the past!), made well it will pass with a bit of thought.

ebay 301613367027 1997 chassis? looks brand new chassis not a spot of rust.

Edit viewed feedback exact? same chassis not shipped according to feedback, for a 2004 tdci chassis photo look familiar? item id 301625498751

And the company number is for a Kebab shop?

ebay 301613367027 1997 chassis? looks brand new chassis not a spot of rust.

Edit viewed feedback exact? same chassis not shipped according to feedback, for a 2004 tdci chassis photo look familiar? item id 301625498751

It has been used, there are a few bits and pieces still stuck to it, I'd hazard a guess at it being a TDCi chassis...

and one google "defender 110 TDCI chassis" later I find this disturbing page...

http://bay2car.com/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-110-2-2-TDCI-CHASSIS-2014-IMACULATE-NO-I-D-CHASSIS-ONLY-301632462066/car62375

Of course it is possible that if it was a 1972 Range Rover chassis and it was done before SVA regulations it MIGHT be legit, of course proving that could be an issue!. Also if that was the case it should be described as a Range Rover Pick up or similar on the V5, thats what I did when I shortened a Range Rover chassis many years ago, kept the RR id and just changed the description on the V5.

Chassis - no points even the rr chassis has been modified to include the rear crossmember so that is neither a replacement chassis to the manufacturers original specification or an unmodified chassis.

Engine - no points

Suspension - no points

Transmission - err no points unless you really think it's going to be an s3 transmission with an adapter plate for a 200 tdi (not provided in the sale)

Axles - err I'll hazard a guess here .... No points unless someone welded coil spring mounts on them ok ok give it 2 points

Steering ok give it 2 points

At best 4 out of 8 point limit to retain the plate. So it's should not be tax exempt but will be a nice project for someone to (try) to sort out in the summer on a new plate

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/radically-altered-vehicles

Get a Q registration number

You wont be able to keep your vehicles original registration number if one of the following applies:

it has fewer than 8 points

it has a second-hand or altered chassis, monocoque bodyshell or frame

theres evidence that 2 vehicles have been welded together to form one (ie cut and shut)

Your vehicle must pass the relevant type approval test to get a Q prefix registration number.

No way is that a S3 - shortened RR chassis, and 90 bodywork, TDi engine, etc.I suspect the only thing 'series 3' is the number plate and possibly stamped-on VIN/plate.

Les

Bulkhead screen and roof a SIII but that's it.....VIN tag decidedly dodgy in my eyes!!

I couldn't be bothered with the bun fight for nil points

Yup I thought the pop riveted chassis plate looked well .... Letter stamped?

Long and short it should not really be portrayed as a tax exempt vehicle should it because there is no where enough points to retain a reg