Challenge Class Naming

najw

Aaaargh... so many questions!!!

Unlimited does not have to be road taxed and as the name implies no limitations - any tyre size etc etc

All will qualify for championship points from next year.

Not sure whether we are expecting any, but hey this is the AWDC and innovation is encouraged.

Bish - I thinkyou've answered your own question about traction aids. Imagine if you turned up in an off-the shelf G-Wagen only to be told you were in modified class :o Or a LR with ETC :o

Whereas adding a pair of ARBs to your old 90 deifintely constititues a major modification - IMHO

I think I'm liking the sound of Limited Modification at the mo

Thanks for your input

Bish - I thinkyou've answered your own question about traction aids. Imagine if you turned up in an off-the shelf G-Wagen only to be told you were in modified class :o Or a LR with ETC :o

Whereas adding a pair of ARBs to your old 90 deifintely constititues a major modification - IMHO

Er, no - that's my point exactly! Maybe it is the title of the Class that is misleading - sure, the majority of vehicles with two axle lockers will be modified from standard, but that isn't really the issue is it? It is the fact that they will have a significant advantage over a vehicle with no lockers against whom they would be competing which in your proposal would be the case as they would both fall into Standard Class.

IMHO, if you are going to deliniate Classes based on traction aids then whether they are factory fitted or not is irrelevant.

Don't ask me where I stand on ETC because I haven't got a clue! :blink::wacko::wacko::P

I hate classes...Full stop

But if your going to name them, make them classes poeple want to be in......

Standard

A vehicle that is......You guessed it...Standard

Clubman,

Exactly what it says, a vehicle that is used for club level events and has some small mods.

Professional or Modified

Vehicles that are top of there league, but are still road legal.

Proto (Love it Jez :D )

Vehicles that are not road legal that have been modified to a need or task

Then build a set of rules, and it's up to the punter make sure his car fits the class he wants to be in.

There is no such thing as the perfect answer, just one that tinkles off fewer people.

Read it twice, it makes a lot of sense :P

The class names actually describe the class..........Simple

Jim :ph34r:

Class 1, No Winch

Class 2, 1 Winch

Class 3, 2 Winch

Easy to police,

Very few rules makes everything clear!

No one is going to fit No Winch but 40 inch tyres and lockers with megga suspension etc just to compete in only one series ???? are they?

Lara.

I'm getting confused now :blink:

I'm not looking to redefine the class structure - its been like this for 2 years and works fine (apart from the issue which Bish raises regarding traction aids - incidentally this is not a proposal - again its already like that)

All I'm looking to do is rename them to prevent exactly the confusion which is occuring that 'Standard' class vehicles aren't actually 'Standard' at all, they just have one less winch than the Mods and no lockers.

Clubman doesn't enter into the equation as that will be a different series next year :ph34r::ph34r:

i like the name clubman for class 3. sounds like a berty basic fun class for those who want to play but not spend a load.

Not sure about for class three, but i do agree with waht you say about "Clubman"

Neil, there might be a whole clubman series next year, but what stops you naming a class that..?

And not talking about redefining classes, just names.........I'm confused as well :lol:

Jim :)

Not overly ofait with the class system for these events, but I did have a little think and came up with :

Factory (one aid)

Factory Plus (2 aids)

Modified (the list is endless)

Obviously with a little sub-note to explain for inexperienced folk like me!!

As I said, probably not a great idea, but seems quite easy to understand to me and that's always good!!

Adrian

I'm not looking to redefine the class structure - its been like this for 2 years and works fine (apart from the issue which Bish raises regarding traction aids - incidentally this is not a proposal - again its already like that)

All I'm looking to do is rename them to prevent exactly the confusion which is occuring that 'Standard' class vehicles aren't actually 'Standard' at all, they just have one less winch than the Mods and no lockers.

Clubman doesn't enter into the equation as that will be a different series next year :ph34r::ph34r:

but what happens if you turn up in a standard vehicle then?

define not standard

My s111 is totally standard apart from a cage for safety and a winch.

but what happens if you turn up in a standard vehicle then?

define not standard

My s111 is totally standard apart from a cage for safety and a winch.