Land rover approved remanufactured engines..

Maverik

I found the page after it was announced that the Camel club get a 12% discount from Hobsons... so thought I'd check it out, I know they've always been expensive but thought the engines price was taking the pissle somewhat!

Its the MOD I feel sorry for, I wouldn't be surprised if those prices are being applied to them too... who'd have known there was so much money to be made from Land rovers... ;)

What a load of toot.The engine page says it is just stripped, cleaned and rebuilt with new gaskets, seals and bearings. Not really my idea of fully remanufactured £10k worth.

MOD get ripped off all the time.

I would have thought the MOD would have a contract for the engine supply which would be substantially less than those on the site. Hobson will be trying to make money off the back of the contract by increasing the production run.

For the price being quoted for any of the engines you could buy 7-10 old cars and run them to death then scrap them and still be in profit

I would have thought the MOD would have a contract for the engine supply which would be substantially less than those on the site. Hobson will be trying to make money off the back of the contract by increasing the production run.

For the price being quoted for any of the engines you could buy 7-10 old cars and run them to death then scrap them and still be in profit

Agreed..

I would be surprised if the MOD pay any thing like these prices. They will have put engine overhauls out to tender, and got a much lower price. I suspect these prices are for engines sold through the main dealer network, and not many of them at that.

Still expensive but better....

"Hi Chris,

This was a mistake on our part when listing the product on our website, the price for the grade A reconditioned V8 engine is £6550.

Many thanks,

Daniel Firth

E-commerce Administrator"

Website has been updated, I wonder if I can get the price of the Diesels down too....

Any of the southern members see the bit on local news last night about a company called OVIk....?.

They produce armoured vehicles for alsorts of uses....

Their website says that they are able to build vehicles with a 300tdi..... I doubt they could claim it was new if it isn't. ... I wonder where they source 'new' ones??

Armoured stuff, like any small production run, usually costs an absolute fortune, so £10k for an engine will be utterly insignificant as the thing probably costs a six figure sum anyway. I once read somewhere that the Wolf vehicles cost MOD 40-something thousand each, at a time when I was selling MOD standard civvy spec Defenders for significantly less than 20k.