Q plate Land Rover

oneandtwo

I have an old Q plated landrover trialler, (series chassis converted to coils) first registered 1992 on a Q plate. I was going to scrap however would it be worth hanging onto? My understanding is that because it is on a Q plate it can be technically reincarnated into anything Land Rover? The v5 just states "Land Rover" , no specific model, and an engine size. It has its own custom VIN which it was given by the ex Local DVLA office after inspection in 92.

Think it is worth holding on to it.

As you say, lots has changed and this very much covers anything LandRover"ish".

All you will have problems with is exporting to another EU country - but within the UK you should be fine.

Back then you told them what you had built and they basically just registered it for a small fee. It's one of the reasons I don't understand why A, so many incorrectly registered and illegal cars are out there. And B, why people have so much of an issue with q plates to me q plate means most likely fully legal modified car that a copper and vosa will ignore. (i've had more issues in age related plate cars than q plates).

Mike

Back then you told them what you had built and they basically just registered it for a small fee. It's one of the reasons I don't understand why A, so many incorrectly registered and illegal cars are out there. And B, why people have so much of an issue with q plates to me q plate means most likely fully legal modified car that a copper and vosa will ignore. (i've had more issues in age related plate cars than q plates).

Mike

The voice of reason....

Q plate used to mean high Insurance but probably ok now as its all expensive!

£229 a year at flux. The amount of time, talk and bandwidth people have spend to avoid iva and a Q still amazes me. Just bite the bullet and be legal, it really is not that difficult.

Daan

• 5 years later...
15 minutes ago, baza said:

hi i have a q plate land rover,how hard is it to get an age related plate off dvla

You will need to get a Heritage certificate and they will also require dozens of photographs of all areas of the vehicle regards Stephen

All depends on why it got a Q in the first place

Ex MOD?

Stolen recovered and not able to ascertain correct ID

or maybe built as a Hybrid

However recently DVLA have been pretty strict on the rules,  only the original keeper can change it within a very limited timescale that sort of thing,