Which wheel brace ?

Anderzander

I've just replaces a brake hose, which went very smoothly .....except for taking the wheel off.

I'd asked a garage to fit new discs a little while back as I was struggling for time - and they tightend the wheel nuts so hard I bent my brace and my breaker bar.

I'm going to try a halfords breaker bar - but can anyone recommend a wheel brace that is made out of decent metal please ?

Don't bother with a wheelbrace, just buy a breaker bar and a deep impact socket for the wheel nuts. I haven't had a wheelbrace all the time I've had my Defender

I have a length of pipe which slides over my breaker bar handle to help with the tight ones.

ps. you should be using a torque wrench to tighten wheel nuts. LOL

Halfords breaker bar with laminated reciept in the car, that way when it breaks you can get it swapped.

I have mine behind the seats and a draper bar in the rear door pocket of the disco, don't forget appropriately sized socket for any trailers you might regularly tow.....

Will.