Contibuting To The Costs

Big Watty

I have a paypal account but am not sure haw to use it out side of ebay - Iif some one could post instuction of how best to contribute by whatever method possible then maybe it will help collect funds for the upkeep of the forum

use that in the send to box put

treasurer@lr4x4.com

thats it

I think Tony's best at answering this one but as a guide we've paid (about) £20 for the domain for a couple of years and about $250 (£140) for a years hosting.

Hopefuly we've got the sizing right (30Gb/month) as more traffic will push our costs up. Something we will need to consider before we enable attachements.

HTH

The general idea is not for everyone to pay a set amount, but rather what they can afford/feel happy with.

If you can't afford anythuing, then that's ok, there's no pressure or demand that everyone pays. It would be nice, but in a real world people have kids, Fi, Mark90, Nige, etc, to look after. :P Michele is working on a new forum logo and hopefully you'll all get to see it as soon as it's possible. Other options are mugs, t-shirts, embroidered sweatshirts, stickers, etc etc. Hopefully there will be a small profit made on the sale of these which will go into the forum fund. Perhaps once a year there could be a forum meet at an off-road course that caters for all vehicles - tricked or not. As we've said in other posts, suggestions are welcome, either on the open forum or pm/e-mail. I think a pinned thread on the international forum might be good for suggestions, rather than them being dotted around the place.

Les

Michele is working on a new forum logo and hopefully you'll all get to see it as soon as it's possible

Yup.

I'll send my miserable amount (although I do not have kids) in these days,wait for me.

Other options are mugs, t-shirts, embroidered sweatshirts, stickers, etc etc

Oh yeah!

Perhaps once a year there could be a forum meet at an off-road course

Les

OH YEAH!

DEFINITELY YEAH!

(I need a plane)

I have no problem throwing some money via PayPal, but a couple of questions.

Apart from making me sleep better at night - will it "buy" me any extra features ?

Can you inisist on vendors pimping their wares contribute ?

Maybe new posts in the classified section could be only to "Paid up members"

Will a small summary of accounts be available ? Average, and min/max contribution would make interesting reading :blink:

Pirate4x4 system of stars is pretty much perfect IMHO

Apart from making me sleep better at night - will it "buy" me any extra features ?

Not at present. The idea is for people to donate to the forum to keep it the way it is. I think having what may be regarded as an elite, is a bad idea, although a similar suggestion has been made before.

Can you inisist on vendors pimping their wares contribute ?

No spamming is allowed, same as was on LRE. There's a bit of a grey area with forum members that have been here for a while and contributed to it by advice/silly posts. Michele is a prime example of this.

Will a small summary of accounts be available ?

Yes, this is being discussed at present. There'll either be a regular statement, or a thread that is updated on a regular basis listing incoming/outgoing.

Average, and min/max contribution would make interesting reading

Well I've posted before about this kind of thing. It doesn't matter what peopel donate, as long it's what they are happy with donating. There will be no list of who donated what.

Les. :)

Average, and min/max contribution would make interesting reading

Well I've posted before about this kind of thing. It doesn't matter what peopel donate, as long it's what they are happy with donating. There will be no list of who donated what.

I wasn't after names - just the stats ;)

There's a bit of a grey area with forum members that have been here for a while and contributed to it by advice/silly posts. Michele is a prime example of this.

So I'm a prime example...!

Cool!

:lol:

Er,what "silly" posts are your referring to?

:blink:

detailed accounts will be available to anyone wanting them.

we've paid for the hosting for 1yr in advance and purchased the Domain name,

the hope is to get the forum mercandise up and running asap.

any donation no matter how small is very welcome and recv'd with thanks from all the board users as that's what keeps this place up and independant.

15people so far have dug deep

anyone needing to send chq's PM me for details.