Crank pulley on solid help

Don't they just need bolt one from another? I.e. only one pulley is fitted to, and therefore seized to, the crank?

Had a similar thing today actually, Peugeot 206 and a somehow welded on brake drum.

It succumbed to the angry grinder after more than an hour and a half of battering and pulling.

There's the damper, the water pump pulley and the power steering pulley. We've been trying to pull the lot off with puller hooks on the back of the damper or bolts inserted through the pulleys into the damper.....

That's why I was wondering if one by one is the way forward. But we're worried about damaging the pulleys trying......

My advice would be to stick some more penetrating fluid on it and just leave it well alone for a day or two, it's amazing how much difference having a bit of a break and coming back fresh to a job can make. I've walked away from seemingly impossible job in the past having reached a dead end only to find that it all comes together [or apart] after a short time away from it.

Right guys thanks...... I've not got time until the weekend again and the mate is also back to work.

So it gives me time to grab proper plus gas and get some on it and hopefully let it do its magic.

Keep soaking it, diesel does work too.

I'm wondering if it's worked loose and fretted on the crankshaft keyway and rotated

You might be onto something with that..... I've pulled One off a 200 tdi with a keyway damaged. My puller, a big breaker bar with 2 blokes on it and 1 1/2 hrs of effort saw it on the deck.

I can lend you my puller, but you'll have to talk to Ejparrott..... It's at his house at the minute.

I must have been well lucky. i split mine like said in an earlier post. both parts came off nicely with a hydraulic puller. looking forward to this post being resolved. it's been like watching Dallas in the 80s, cliff hangers every time. at some point there will be fire works and celebrations.

I hope you're right lol.... New puller set (hydraulic) ordered, plus gas going on today, pulleys hopefully one by one......

Until the next episode !!

You might be onto something with that..... I've pulled One off a 200 tdi with a keyway damaged. My puller, a big breaker bar with 2 blokes on it and 1 1/2 hrs of effort saw it on the deck.

I can lend you my puller, but you'll have to talk to Ejparrott..... It's at his house at the minute.

Good point from both of you.

Years ago, I had a 300TDi Disco one where the pulley had been slack and its rotational play had allowed it to widen the keyway on the pulley, leaving both the crank and key okay. (Wish I'd taken a photo). I recall thinking at the time that I was fortunate that I pulled when the key was still lined up with the original slot because had it been in the new worn "notch" on the pulley I'd never have got it off...

If you have the crank locked (Pin in flywheel etc), see if you can rotate the pulley one way or other. At a guess, the notch would be on the "driven" side, so try and rotate it backwards...

No time until the weekend lads, only putting the plus gas on just now and hopefully it'll soak in and help by the weekend.

Yes very frustrating but when the gloom takes over, as said previously, just walk away, refresh and start again.....

We will get this bugger off !! (Wont we?)

Right went over to the mates, plus gas is on. Tried to take the pulley off and chipped the front so located the puller to the rear of the pulley, it moved !! But it's still stuck on....

EDEBC42C-69AB-4972-8864-F44D184B4B63.jpg

A045C4E3-4D79-49E8-93F0-D0E474E77706.jpg

45B4D768-A53A-465F-AA3A-4E9C14827E9B.jpg