Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kierran.M.110

Part suppliers

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering what part suppliers are out there that don't insist on sending out b***part stuff as I just don't want to use them again I know eBay is quite good  as you can pick through to find other manufacturers but I need a selection of parts and would like to do it in one order really , cheers in advance 

ebay is dreadful in my opinion and absolutely full of rubbish and rubbish sellers. I have stopped using it entirely for any parts over £20. One issue I have found is that I often buy parts well in advance and they frequently end up out of the time period that ebay will help you if there is an issue, so you are left high and dry - happened with a D2 hub and i lost £130.

LRDirect.com is my favourite. They clearly state the brand and have multiple choices for nearly every part from BP to LR with other suppliers like corteco, timken lucas etc in there too. Sometimes if they say OEM, you need to click on the item to see if britpart are the supplier, but then you can make a choice not to buy it and use another of the options that they have. You need to know your part numbers to use their site properly though, but get used to using the online version of microcat, or LRCat and this is easy.

In the past I've bought parts from Brit-Car, LRSeries,Brookwells, Devon4x4 & my local [other end of town] independent supplier.

Britcar are good too as Ralph says. They don't offer free delivery over £50 which is the main reason I use them less than Lrdirect. 

cheers for that id never heard of britcar before i'll have a browse through that now .