Part suppliers

Just wondering what part suppliers are out there that don't insist on sending out b***part stuff as I just don't want to use them again I know eBay is quite good  as you can pick through to find other manufacturers but I need a selection of parts and would like to do it in one order really , cheers in advance 

ebay is dreadful in my opinion and absolutely full of rubbish and rubbish sellers. I have stopped using it entirely for any parts over £20. One issue I have found is that I often buy parts well in advance and they frequently end up out of the time period that ebay will help you if there is an issue, so you are left high and dry - happened with a D2 hub and i lost £130.

LRDirect.com is my favourite. They clearly state the brand and have multiple choices for nearly every part from BP to LR with other suppliers like corteco, timken lucas etc in there too. Sometimes if they say OEM, you need to click on the item to see if britpart are the supplier, but then you can make a choice not to buy it and use another of the options that they have. You need to know your part numbers to use their site properly though, but get used to using the online version of microcat, or LRCat and this is easy.

• 3 months later...

M&M 4x4 are great real quick and sort any problems ......same as above Famous four, John Cradock, .......Paddocks are ok for some things as will offer a alternative..... to britpart on a lot of stuff........Maybe have a word with your local dealership I did and get such a big discount it sometimes works out cheaper by the time you buy mail order and postage on top.

Another +1 on Brit-car, they usually offer a complete range of part qualities from Britpart or no-name through OEM upto Genuine. 

Bearmach via their website www.bearmach.com also now offer a similar range of part qualities - obviously also including their own as well . They also offer a 10% discount & free delivery via various deals with Land Rover clubs. You're welcome to use our club discount code MROC10 (Bearmach give clubs 5% cashbook for each sale too - in addition to the customer discount) 

Edited by Pawl12

I use a mixture of suppliers but most often I go to Paddocks (although they will often send parts in blue boxes unless you can choose genuine/OEM) and LRseries.

I use Paddocks because they are often good on price, delivery quickly and I like their website. I will go to LRseries when I want a specific part to be genuine or OEM as they often offer the choice.

If a part is critical or difficult/time consuming to replace I will always pay extra and go for geniune. If however the part is simply bolted on or easy to get at I am more inclined to take a chance with blue boxes to save money.

On the subject of parts in blue boxes, remember Britpart offer a 2 year warranty on parts, I have in the past sent a part back to have it replaced FOC under warranty. Paddocks have been helpful with this. I agree that it is a hastle to take a part off, phone up, send it back, wait for a replacement then refit it - but they do replace stuff. It is also worth mentioning that Britpart often source parts from a common manufacturer that are probably making stuff for other manufacturers so there will be no difference in quality. Having said this, I always go for genuine/quality brand for seals and brake parts. Cheap seals will leak everytime.

Apart from me being at fault by ordering the wrong part I've never had the problem of something not fitting. That said, if anything arrives that won't fit or is just poor quality then you can simply send it back or exchange it - granted that is a waste of your time.

Hang on, I take that back - I have had rubbish glow plugs. Can't remember the make (from Halfords I think) but they were so cheap I just binned them and got Beru ones.

I have to confess I am a glowplug snob!:) Cheap glows plugs are just rubbish in my experience.

57 minutes ago, monkie said:

Hang on, I take that back - I have had rubbish glow plugs. Can't remember the make (from Halfords I think) but they were so cheap I just binned them and got Beru ones.

I have to confess I am a glowplug snob!:) Cheap glows plugs are just rubbish in my experience.

Well you do insist on driving something where healthy glowplugs are vital Phil :)

• Like 1

I've just picked up an order of parts to re- chassis a 109 Series 3 from Britcar , all correct and well priced too . At several hundred quid for a first order from them, it may seem a gamble , but I chose them from recommendations on here and not least they are local for me .

cheers

Steve b