Pheasants!

Sharp

I had a buddy do something similar with a pigeon, only it managed to get it's head through the screen:o

No the slightly brighter side of things.. at least it's not a massive repair bill.. My Uncle suffered a suicidal Pheasant in his Granada 2.8 Ghia X, when it was only a few months old... it took out the grill, and both A/C and cooling rads! Not such a cheap fix!!

Now that's interesting. I hit a pheasant on Friday morning on the A719 going to pick up 90 no3 and got it square in my line of vision. It didn't get the front first just straight onto the screen...approx 45mph. I'm amazed it didn't break as above, it made the hardest thwack I've heard!

Cheers everyone, I can't have been going more than 50. Luckily I was about a minute from work so didn't have far to drive. Got a local guy to put a new screen in for £85 but having watched him I wished I'd had a go myself, although I'm sure he made it look easy. Excess on insurance was £75 so I'd rather give the money to him.

Out of interest I got a non-insurance quote from auto glass and they wanted £231!

Slightly OT, but regarding insurance and windscreen claims. My wife had a company vehicle that got a new windscreen (broken while parked up, no idea why)...AA windscreens came out as they were the fleet/company insurance providers...3yrs down the line 'er indoors goes to insure a personal vehicle through the AA only to be told she has an accident claim. After investigation turns out windscreen claims through the AA will affect the premiums. Made the premium £40 more expensive which isn't much but sneaky nonetheless.

I've only ever been unfortunate enough to hit any animal once. I was in a 306 and managed to get 2 pheasants at the same time, one went through the lh fog light and the other went through the rh fog light and washer bottle... Had I not repaired the fog lights with cable ties and got a second hand washer bottle it would have been a write off (car was about £300 worth). Good job I hated the car really or I'd have been much more upset 😂.

10 hours ago, dave88sw said:

I've only ever been unfortunate enough to hit any animal once. I was in a 306 and managed to get 2 pheasants at the same time, one went through the lh fog light and the other went through the rh fog light and washer bottle... Had I not repaired the fog lights with cable ties and got a second hand washer bottle it would have been a write off (car was about £300 worth). Good job I hated the car really or I'd have been much more upset 😂.

A left and a right Sir very good going.

On 22/12/2017 at 3:55 PM, mmgemini said:

When working in the 1980s we had a Ford transit hit by a pheasant. Right throug the windscreen and out through the rear window.

In the 80's and a Transit? Must have been doing 90... They didn't go any less than that :D

• Like 1