Major IVA change

Daan

I note the document says responses can be on behalf of a club or other organisation - so presumably if the mods or someone came up with a sensible & eloquently worded response they could submit it on behalf of the membership of LR4x4.

People on committees of clubs could do the same - I'll look into it with miketomcat as we're both on a committee.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Euro 6 is emissions test standards for the latest and greatest engines with turbos, dpfs, egr etc.

Basically what the newest vehicles have to meet to enable them to be sold in the EU.

The irony being that most Euro6 compliant vehicles have worse emissions than  1980s vehicles...

• Like 2

Agreed, it basically would mean new crate engines complete with ECU is the only viable transplant.

Aftermarket ECUs probably wouldn't get it to run well enough for the test, so would have to be a post-IVA change, but I bet they would legislate against that....

Has the time of the car being a thing of passion gone?

7 hours ago, mad_pete said:

Just latest mot standards. That’s not that hard to pass is it ? Must have some mot savvy people here. What’s the latest rules on emissions to pass mot ?

I think we are looking in two different places, in the online response form it mentions euro 6 engines only.

Also as Mike says, for a new vehicle, which effectively his is, with an older engine, he needs to meet new emission standards, which I don't the venerable 200tdi would ever met.

6 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

I think we are looking in two different places, in the online response form it mentions euro 6 engines only.

Also as Mike says, for a new vehicle, which effectively his is, with an older engine, he needs to meet new emission standards, which I don't the venerable 200tdi would ever met.

I looked at the section in the consultation form. 4.11 I think. I’m wondering if EU 6 is being mixed up with pass MOT. 

4 hours ago, SPendrey said:

Surely there are VW lumps we could use... they'll pass any test.

The first part is dealing with that as well. I don't have a major problem with where they're going with this tighter emissions isn't a bad thing but the average kit car build is 5 years so 3 months is out of order.

Mike