2 hours ago, Peaklander said:

About the Tesa tape, note it is deceptively visible when you are applying it but if you need to remove it, after a few days the end seems to have disappeared. Out comes the knife to try to find it and the whole tape wrap then seems to take control and you have a fight. Best advice is to get the cables and positions correct first time. 

Yeah, have noticed the disappearing end...lol

If it has to be cut I don't see it as an issue rolls of the stuff are cheap enough to be able to just re-wrap it required regards Stephen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, muddy said:

I learnt the hard way the issues those cheap plastic islolaters can give, I would recccamend swapping it out for This type.

I'll keep that in mind, only ever had issues once in 20 odd years, but if it does become an issue I will certainly look at them thank you

Regards Stephen

4 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

A now very apparent downside to fitting these axles is due to my lack of height 5'7" I can no longer reach into the engine bay etc

I now have to employ these..lol

20230121_121834.thumb.jpg.8b9023b4ac30a3b0a1702b82fb89b35f.jpg

Regards Stephen 

I think you need a pit...

To drive Sid into.

28 minutes ago, muddy said:

I learnt the hard way the issues those cheap plastic islolaters can give, I would recccamend swapping it out for This type.

That advert doesn't inspire me with confidence. A switch (in most use cases) will have a voltage and current rating. Doubling the voltage doesn't halve the current rating...

Very unusual to have what is effectively a power rating. Different currents for AC and DC yes but two different DC voltages :glare:

5 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

I’ve never seen those before - presumably they have a long base that slides under the axle ? 

They do. I imported one from the states but they are not as practical as they look. Super uncomfortable, only good if your doing light stuff as you can’t lift much without getting stuck and if you have a bit of a gut then forget about it. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

A now very apparent downside to fitting these axles is due to my lack of height 5'7" I can no longer reach into the engine bay etc

I feel your pain :lol:

Also - I have to say wiring looks good! Tesa tape, grommets, neatly flush trimmed black cable ties, are you sure you're a real Land Rover owner? :rtfm:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

They do. I imported one from the states but they are not as practical as they look. Super uncomfortable, only good if your doing light stuff as you can’t lift much without getting stuck and if you have a bit of a gut then forget about it. 

What about a lot of a gut? Asking for a friend :ph34r: :lol: 

40 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I feel your pain :lol:

Also - I have to say wiring looks good! Tesa tape, grommets, neatly flush trimmed black cable ties, are you sure you're a real Land Rover owner? :rtfm:

Yeah, something tells me he's not quite as bad at this electricity thing as he makes out to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elbekko said:

Yeah, something tells me he's not quite as bad at this electricity thing as he makes out to be.

Really @elbekko....lol

Wrapping tape, gromets and cable ties are hardly electrical circuit's, they are just window dressing allowing me to stall actually doing the bloody wiring........Regards

Regards Stephen

9 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Yes and that's 4 too bloody many.....

Regards Stephen

Really though….it only needs 3 to work😂

I feel I have to echo what people are saying and say you’re doing a good job of it for someone who says they hate wiring.I have run much worse…. It needs to work and not catch on fire, the rest is a bonus

David Freiburger did a really good piece on roadkill garage about wiring. Breaking everything down into bitesize chunks. worth a watch and a £7 a month motortrend subscription on Amazon here’s a link to the abbreviated epesode 

• Thanks 1