I feel like I’m getting a glimpse of how pioneering engineering worked 

I always though the first people up in planes must have been crazy - but I think they were just endlessly inventive and highly competent.

Next week Stephen makes a mechanical fuel injection pump from microbore, a clock, and a 10” billet cube.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Should probably start thinking about bench running this engine....

Have actually not done this before so any advice really welcome

Regards Stephen

With your capabilities I'd be inclined to knock together a bit of a support structure, even if it's just in wood onto a pallet to hold everything steady.

Prior to dumping mine into a donor mockup chassis I had it on a pallet on some cheap heavy duty castors from ebay. Had blocks of wood wedged under relevant bits and big ratchet strap over it. Never fired it up as I hadn't sorted the fuel system but had it cranking over to test the ECU. Looked a lot more stable than @Bowie69s setup there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jad said:

Is that "cold"? Mine is connected straight to the 109 guage and works pretty well!

No, also its from my 200tdi, I had a wee bit of a moment at seven sisters compounded by the fact I had not wired up the temp gauge, but now it's done

If you've read my mog axle thread you will discover I have an abject fear of electrickery....

Regards Stephen 

24 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

Do you need those ones to be bolts or can you use something like wheel studs which are a press fit into the ali?

A stud into Ali sounds a bit dangerous as you run the risk of it spinning when you try to undo x years down the line