13 minutes ago, ThreePointFive said:

I wasn't sure when you first showed them but the wheels really do suit it. I'm so impressed how 'right' it all looks, I thought it was going to end up as a very well built, hugely capable, very badly proportioned car but it's all spot-on. Watching it come together has the same mix of satisfcation/admiration of seeing a set of skills at work and the execution of an idea as Project Binky.

I am certain you'll find a way to weld a new canvas top.

Kind words

thank you very much

Regards Stephen

1 hour ago, ThreePointFive said:

I wasn't sure when you first showed them but the wheels really do suit it. I'm so impressed how 'right' it all looks, I thought it was going to end up as a very well built, hugely capable, very badly proportioned car but it's all spot-on. Watching it come together has the same mix of satisfcation/admiration of seeing a set of skills at work and the execution of an idea as Project Binky.

I am certain you'll find a way to weld a new canvas top.

100% agree about it looking outstanding and being so satisfying to follow along with.

I actually think that rightness is apparent everywhere - for example those diffs were modified to hell and back, but yet they ended up looking factory made.  

There was a point in their making where I thought ‘these will be hard to get to look good’ - 25 minutes of Stephen later (100 hours later on my labour times) and it’s looking like Mercedes made it that way. 

Remarkable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anderzander said:

100% agree about it looking outstanding and being so satisfying to follow along with.

I actually think that rightness is apparent everywhere - for example those diffs were modified to hell and back, but yet they ended up looking factory made.  

There was a point in their making where I thought ‘these will be hard to get to look good’ - 25 minutes of Stephen later (100 hours later on my labour times) and it’s looking like Mercedes made it that way. 

Remarkable.

Couldn’t have said it better! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

How considerate of you.....

However I'm generating enough smoke due to my brain overheating at the moment...

Regards Stephen 

On a more serious note. I am sure we can help if you get stuck 😀

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

I seriously dislike wiring..but you probably already know that...lol

However I do like Q max cutters, first use this morning to cut a hole in the bulkhead for loom to pass through

20230224_081120.thumb.jpg.230caaff5f05f99a0c13a6bc6d519fd0.jpg

20230224_081211.thumb.jpg.632c9cbb4deaf20d02eed7e9ff72117a.jpg

Some progress on the wiring front

20230224_093455.thumb.jpg.09ccb317c353ad3ca5317fe94dacfd9b.jpg

regards Stephen 

First mount all your components.  That helps

The good

Had Sid turning over today although lights etc are still to wire up

The Idiot

Could not get diesel system bled through, since found out it helps if there is diesel in the tank !!!

The bad

Put diesel in the tank only to find my lift pump is not lifting, new one ordered, so unfortunately Sid will not breathe this weekend  although he did have a little rumble

Overall quite happy, also soldered pin back onto relay

Regards Stephen 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Could not get diesel system bled through, since found out it helps if there is diesel in the tank !!!

I have gone much further than this before realising there was no fuel. Sender had got hung up on the tank and showing 1/3 full, various symptoms of low on power, running poorly and then fine again, changed the lift pump and had thought the new one was also duff until I realised the tank was basically dry

Sounds like good progress though