Indeed, take you length of hose or pipe and make a small slit about 4" from the end you want the liquid to come out, slip the end of the blow gun in so the air flows in the direction of liquid travel and you have a precision hoover. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

The good

Had Sid turning over today although lights etc are still to wire up

The Idiot

Could not get diesel system bled through, since found out it helps if there is diesel in the tank !!!

The bad

Put diesel in the tank only to find my lift pump is not lifting, new one ordered, so unfortunately Sid will not breathe this weekend  although he did have a little rumble

Overall quite happy, also soldered pin back onto relay

Regards Stephen 

Well don't feel too bad. When I snapped the first crank and was swapping out the engine for a new one we could not get the damn thing to fire - knew it had at least 3/4 of a tank of diesel. We hooked up Bob's 3 phase 10hp compressor to the fuel tank filler and filled it full of rags as some have suggested. Still no bloody firing up.

We'd checked the fuel lines multiple times (both of us having worked on Tdis for, well Bob since they existed) and saw nothing wrong. Wracking our brains as to why the damn thing would not fire. Eventually swapped the lines on the fuel filter over in desperation after about 90 minutes of farting around. Fired straight up :blush:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Ran out of pure argon so could not finish door top but progress in pictures below

20230225_121325.thumb.jpg.1f0a68eefa723c1cfbe34e87eea4fc21.jpg

20230225_121340.thumb.jpg.4386e7e2ba2bdb7ef3715357a0a34b86.jpg

20230225_123141.thumb.jpg.b0f690cdbce44d40a9fdc70f2a8c23bb.jpg

20230225_124818.thumb.jpg.fb978ef96455ff56c92054b7a9de316c.jpg

20230225_130853.thumb.jpg.842cd5e8138efaddeef9b6bb30785cd7.jpg

20230225_124917.thumb.jpg.17f829459c7e874adf673687ac6d33dc.jpg

20230225_124934.thumb.jpg.7028ce17ba65895464c990df5cffff50.jpg

Glass laid in

20230225_132146.thumb.jpg.5d5535db7e68c6e5184083b5ce5e831c.jpg

20230225_132158.thumb.jpg.1222bfddd3693a489e70a3773bad1fc7.jpg

Regards Stephen 

I really like these..   Feel stupid for not thinking about making them myself😁

21 minutes ago, Wytze said:

I really like these..   Feel stupid for not thinking about making them myself😁

I wouldn't feel stupid, hell of a lot easier to buy,  I just wanted the whole door to be made out of aluminium, it's not like there is a weight saving,  I guess I'm just stubborn 

Could have probable saved myself a whole load of time if I could park the stubborn side of me away somewhere......

Regards Stephen 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

I wouldn't feel stupid, hell of a lot easier to buy,  I just wanted the whole door to be made out of aluminium, it's not like there is a weight saving,  I guess I'm just stubborn 

Could have probable saved myself a whole load of time if I could park the stubborn side of me away somewhere......

Regards Stephen 

Buying the ally one's are pretty darn expensive...      So, you did well making them your self.  With lexan window's it would be even lighter

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2023 at 4:24 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

We all camp at Dan-Yr-Ogof (Showcaves centre) up the road from the site, there's a couple of pubs nearby and up the road.

Should be a burger van on site both days, and Saturday evening a hog roast on site.

I've managed to arrange cover, so all being well Myself and Sid fully intend to have a wee jaunt down to summer sisters in June, at present rate of progress it may actually be the testing ground...

So a couple of more questions, I take it you need to book up at the campsite in reasonable advance and at what point do I need to join thee Shire offroad club

regards Stephen

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

So a couple of more questions, I take it you need to book up at the campsite in reasonable advance and at what point do I need to join thee Shire offroad club

You can do it with the online booking whenever you want: select "Vehicle Admission - non-member".

Campsite are pretty relaxed, just tell them you're coming with us so they know where to put you. The cafe up the hill takes card payments for pitches or it's cash to the chap in the Hilux when he does his rounds.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, steve b said:

Am I safe to assume you are enjoying the spool gun/non-ferrous welding plant?

Very much so, really increases fabrication speed with aluminium tremendously

10 minutes ago, steve b said:

.......wiring:)

To be continued.........

Regards Stephen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1