3 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Thank you. Best look at a seal modification then regards Stephen

I’m not sure but I think I looked at fitting a seal on the outside of the knuckle face. It’s the only spot you can really get a seal in because of the land the bronze bush rides on. do not modify that bush, there is quite a lot of load on them

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

I’m not sure but I think I looked at fitting a seal on the outside of the knuckle face. It’s the only spot you can really get a seal in because of the land the bronze bush rides on. do not modify that bush, there is quite a lot of load on them

@dangerous doug what were yous like these seem to have a seal already, I had thought that the seal would go to the outside so the bush got lubricated within the axle case regards Stephen 

20210906_192123.thumb.jpg.4ac573639480d4368bc70a103cd8036f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to the future I have a question for my more knowledgeable betters...

at the moment I have an lt177 gearbox on my lightweight, it's not the best and I will need to add the gears to change ratio in the transfer box

I still have the series 2a box with a series 3 bell housing in the garage, this box could also probably do with a rebuild but was fine when I was using it, one advantage of using this box would be because it's shorter it will help with rear prop length, fitting an overdrive would also make it more usable, but I'm unsure as to how the mog drop boxes will affect it

thoughts would be appreciated regards Stephen

What size tyres are you going for, and what is the drop box ratio again?

Low range in the series box is lower, but High range likely too low -most go 1:1 transfer box ratio, even with big tyres, which means swapping out with gears from ashcroft.

9 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

What size tyres are you going for, and what is the drop box ratio again?

Low range in the series box is lower, but High range likely too low -most go 1:1 transfer box ratio, even with big tyres, which means swapping out with gears from ashcroft.

Tyres are 36.8" regards Stephen