A question for you learned gentlemen

Where can I purchase bottom shock mounts for my fox shock absorbers, I would imagine they are just purpose made clevises, I could make them right enough and will if they are silly price, might save me a wee bit time is what I'm thinking regards Stephen

• Like 1

Being the kind of shocks they are, you can buy universal mounts, but with your skill and vision you're probably better off making them Stephen. I can also imagine no matter what you adjusting any off the shelf items anyway! That said, they're not expensive: https://armoury-parts.com/collections/brackets/products/1-25-shock-mount

I never thought I would see anything about bracket buying on this thread😂

RAC do a clevis for shocks…..I have them, don’t recommend. They’re not bad per se but @landroversforever knows how strongly I feel about their parts and I think shares some of the sentiment. But if they save you half a day of messing around then go for it. It’s literally a piece of 6mm steel folded into a clevis with 3 holes drilled so I’m sure you’ll be able to make something better before the morning coffee 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Being the kind of shocks they are, you can buy universal mounts, but with your skill and vision you're probably better off making them Stephen. I can also imagine no matter what you adjusting any off the shelf items anyway! That said, they're not expensive: https://armoury-parts.com/collections/brackets/products/1-25-shock-mount

They are not what I had in mind.... But thank you for looking

3 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

I never thought I would see anything about bracket buying on this thread😂

@landroversforever

Put it down to old age .......

And just so I don't disappoint you, making them is on the cards now

Regards Stephen

13 hours ago, CwazyWabbit said:

[Waits to see Stephens setup for bending a bit of inch plate as a lightweight suitable alternative ;) ]

12 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Piece of railway track ought to do just fine...

If I ever had the ability to set up a channel it would have to be called "Hulk Fabrication" the way you guys go on......lol

Regards Stephen

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

If I ever had the ability to set up a channel it would have to be called "Hulk Fabrication" the way you guys go on......lol

Reminds me of a list of potential action hero names as suggested by the MST3K crew... SLAB BULKHEAD being perhaps the most apt here :lol: