My Defender

mmgemini

So some of you may not know that recently I made the decision to sell my Defender after 18 years of ownership. Here she is being collected as she is on her way to Ohio to retire in style.

She has been bought by a company who puts British Land Rovers back to standard and as she is an ex BT Special Vehicle she has a good history. 

IMG_6593.jpg

IMG_6596.jpg

19 minutes ago, smallfry said:

Must be a wrench for you after all that time. 😔 or maybe 😄

Are you getting out of Land Rover ownership ? Or buying/bought something else ?  

Nothing to drive now at all. At 83 Margaret and myself decided we could no longer set up camp, so we have a mobility scooter each which means we can no loner get out of Stockton

2 hours ago, mmgemini said:

Nothing to drive now at all. At 83 Margaret and myself decided we could no longer set up camp, so we have a mobility scooter each which means we can no loner get out of Stockton

I see. I thought I was getting on a bit at 60 3/4. 

Now the problem with the Mobilty scooters is that they are battery powered, hence not being able to get out of Stockton.

What you need is a nice diesel one. Each.

47 minutes ago, smallfry said:

I see. I thought I was getting on a bit at 60 3/4. 

Now the problem with the Mobilty scooters is that they are battery powered, hence not being able to get out of Stockton.

What you need is a nice diesel one. Each.

Yes a nice v8

Give us a bit of a list of where you both went on your travels Mike , I'm sure it will be interesting and might inspire future travels ( we hope....) for others.

V8 mobility scooters ? 

6ae63326a2797a351db9a62b7d502c66.jpg.d349c70219377acf003e41ae636d52c2.jpg            e8a0ae4d29bec503cc0d064924d29089.jpg.8a30db1932e39018d59b47785d7f9577.jpg

OIP.jpg.3a6e2379acd4c1678b162a3a1b96a666.jpg

R.jpg.6457f899aa9824477b148b369eff4677.jpg

Just had to look for it ....:D

Steve

• Haha 1

On the subject of motorised mobility scooters... Anyone who is unititated to the world of Colin Furze should have a look on YouTube for his videos, very entertaining.

He did a 4 parter on how to make a mobility scooter go 60mph, here is the end result. Skip to 3:24 for the test drive.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, western said:

I did see a facebook post saying you had or were in the process of moving the 110 on, I hope the eventual new owners treat it with care, Enjoy the spare time & no LR to worry about fixing. 

Well wwestern it should be with new owner today or tomorrow. It's gone to Ohio

• Like 1

Glad to see its going to get a good new life. I felt strangely little emotion when my 110 left after 20 years, I thought I might panic at the last minute and keep it but I didn't even watch it go.

I hope its not the end your adventures though M & M, hopefully we'll meet up again somewhere. 🙂

All the best

Will