Let's cut to the chase shall we?

Happyoldgit

5 hours ago, Happyoldgit said:

Any updates from your dealer or Ineos @jeremy996

No, I'm not really expecting much until the dealer gets back from his holidays, (tomorrow) and Ineos send me an invoice for payment, (not a clue). They have 4 Grenadiers tucked behind their premises, none of which seem to have anything done to them since last Tuesday, (other than mine that has been moved across the yard and tucked into the little row.)

IMG_3360.jpeg

• Like 2

I was a little startled to see on the Ineos portal that I have been sent my invoice for payment, no later than 2 days before handover. As the dealer cannot give me a delivery date yet, I will delay payment until I know when it is available for collection. I hope to hear from the dealer before the end of the week.

I'm told they have 5 Grenadiers for customers, one is in the PDI bay at the moment, (so not in my picture above), but no idea when Ineos will sign off on the software updates/version checks.

So near and yet so far!

22 hours ago, Anderzander said:

It must be torture us asking you about it .. 😬 

I feel the same about it, The Grenadier is not for me but I really want you to have your car after all this time and effort!

• Like 4

On 4/3/2023 at 11:00 PM, jeremy996 said:

I was a little startled to see on the Ineos portal that I have been sent my invoice for payment, no later than 2 days before handover. As the dealer cannot give me a delivery date yet, I will delay payment until I know when it is available for collection. I hope to hear from the dealer before the end of the week.

I had the invoice for my GLE in hand when I ordered it, to be paid before registration. It waited nicely for many months until the car was actually nearby :)

1 minute ago, Bowie69 said:

To be honest, this sort of wait is common for new vehicle purchases at the moment.... 

I was going to ask about that. I have never/will never buy new, so unaware how this compares to "mainstream" manufacturers.

For my Mercedes, I ordered in January last year, car was built in July, arrived in Europe (American-built) in September, then stood around waiting for a truck driver until December.

So a bit of wait isn't unheard of these days, unfortunately. Apparently it's getting better again now.

I don’t think the wait is the issue, a 12 month lead in time for a new car is not unheard of these days.

It’s more the fact that they’ve been built, delivered to the dealer but they’re now sitting there unable to be handed over due to some mysterious ‘software’ issue.

After all the noise made about transparency during the engineering and planning phases, it’s a shame it has gone this way. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Retroanaconda said:

I don’t think the wait is the issue, a 12 month lead in time for a new car is not unheard of these days.

It’s more the fact that they’ve been built, delivered to the dealer but they’re now sitting there unable to be handed over due to some mysterious ‘software’ issue.

After all the noise made about transparency during the engineering and planning phases, it’s a shame it has gone this way. 

Makes you wonder why they couldn't release them to customers and call them back for a software update afterwards.

Just done my usual Wednesday afternoon call to the dealer to ask his best guess for delivery, apparently before the end of the month.

Apparently, the software release has been given, so they are updating the vehicles on site; it takes about a day for each one. Some accessories are in short supply, (mainly roof racks due to a steel shortage), and the towballs need changing, (under specification). 

The big question now is how and when will they be registered? Ineos have to register the vehicles, apparently by post with the DVLA, so the dealers are out of the loop.

I've told Richard I'll pay as soon as we have a delivery date set, so as to meet the "2 days before delivery" deadline set by Ineos. There is no way I'll pay earlier, the interest will be minimal, but it will be mine!

• Like 1

No - I still don't have my truck!

I went to see it at the dealer today and asked about progress; nothing much since last Wednesday. I've paid, so I will be chasing Ineos quite hard. I'm told the big issue with my truck is registration, as Ineos have to do that by paper with the DVLA.

Chandlers have 6 Grenadiers on site, the four you can see here, (mine the blue one with the white roof), a silver one with no loadbay windows and a black one.

GrenwithMog-3.thumb.jpeg.764f1ba1297587f42290053975b351ac.jpegGrenwithMog-2.thumb.jpeg.03a2f5502d4783ae4a62ac4b8e61de1a.jpeg

• Like 4

Just had a LinkedIn mesage back from Gary Pearson, Head of Sales & Marketing UK, MENA at INEOS Automotive.
  • Hi Jeremy, I’ve got someone checking on what final checks your vehicle needs prior to delivery. I’ll let you know asap tomorrow. It’s all complete with regards software etc but as with the majority of vehicles it will have some final bits to be done to it. This is more prevalent with new products as so many updates happen early in the production ramp-up and that’s what your vehicle and the others on site are waiting on. I saw the Facebook comments and can dispel the mentions around registration system, N1 etc. We do have the DVLA’s automated reg system which is called RAV and it’s been used for all handovers thus far. We did have a hold up on that so Chandlers and others were not wrong to tell customers that but it’s in good order now and we had the manual process prior to that which is actually quite fine anyway (Lotus use a version of the manual system, as an example). N1 classification is no issue whatsoever either; I saw that mentioned on Facebook as a possible issue.
  • Gary Pearson 6:12 PM
    Beautiful Morgan! But no good for supporting a cycle race. I am still confident of getting you the vehicle for the 23rd as per your previous messages and the offer of a loan if not still stands.
    Gren with Mog - 1.jpeg
  • (I asked permission to post some of our conversation on social media)
  • Gary Pearson sent the following message at 8:36 PM
    You’re free to post everything I said, we’ve nothing to hide and are keen to try and talk to people directly as much where they want the conversation. Myself, Lynn Calder and George Ratcliffe are in contact with customers daily whilst we have this clunky phase in our launch. I’ve offered stuff like q&a’s etc to Steve Kettle, (Admin of FaceBook Group, Ineos Grenadier Owners Club), previously as well.

Edited by jeremy996
finger trouble - brain and fingers out of step.
  • Like 3