How Low can i go

Cornish Rattler

15psi seems to be OK under most circumstances - I never (as far as I can remember) had a tyre come off the bead at that.

I've run as low as 4psi - but soon regretted it and later fitted beadlocks.  Then you can run anything down to practically zero.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, simonr said:

15psi seems to be OK under most circumstances - I never (as far as I can remember) had a tyre come off the bead at that.

I've run as low as 4psi - but soon regretted it and later fitted beadlocks.  Then you can run anything down to practically zero.

Sorry i forgot to say its on modulars, its just that with the roof tent on the roof tent just skims the garage door frame and don't want to keep removing the roof tent everytime i need to get the landy in the garage so was thinking if i can lower the tyres enough to get the landy in easy that will do 👍

On a wider tyre, 30 may be a bit high on what is quite a light vehicle, try 25 and see if it fits then. 

Though I suspect you will need to go much lower to make much difference.

Can't remember who (maybe @simonr?) They attached a winch line to the axle and sucked the car down for the same reasons. Worth a thought?

If it's only to get it in the garage door - you could drop it down to just a few psi.  You just need enough that the tyre isn't damaged by the rim touching the inside of the tread.

I used to have to do the exact same thing on a 90 with 35"s.  It lowered the roof by several inches, enough to get it inside.

Si

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

On a wider tyre, 30 may be a bit high on what is quite a light vehicle, try 25 and see if it fits then. 

Though I suspect you will need to go much lower to make much difference.

Can't remember who (maybe @simonr?) They attached a winch line to the axle and sucked the car down for the same reasons. Worth a thought?

Its only to get it into the garage, i set them at 30psi to allow for the roof tent but i will try after i bring the landy out of the garage to put them up to 25 psi and see how they are but for lowering the pressures is just for driving the landy into the garage 🙂

On 12/27/2021 at 9:09 PM, Bowie69 said:

You're right - I'd forgotten about that!  Just loop the cable front to back, under the axles and pull.

• Thanks 1

Putting on my SimonR-style thinking hat... Maybe you could engineer the rear shackles a bit like revolver shackles but in such a way that you can unlock or fold/collapse them to get into the garage and then re-lock / open / extend them once you're back out?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Putting on my SimonR-style thinking hat... Maybe you could engineer the rear shackles a bit like revolver shackles but in such a way that you can unlock or fold/collapse them to get into the garage and then re-lock / open / extend them once you're back out?

You have just reminded me that a while ago i fitted std 109 rear shackle plates for when i fitted the roof tent so probably if i'd kept the std 88 shackle plates on it would have gone in with no problems but as i said once i start adding a camping / storage unit in the back and filling it with cooking and camping gear it should pull it down.