LR4x4 Live

Anderzander

24 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

One option I've just thought of... Our very own @NRS91 and family run a campsite with a rally field not far west of Macclesfield. Not wanting to speak for Nick, but the whole family are vehicle mad. Nick with the Land Rovers, Scammels & ERFs, His mum has all sorts of classics and his dad is into anything Bond (of the minicar variety).

But then we have to talk Cummins BT6's with him...

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

One option I've just thought of... Our very own @NRS91 and family run a campsite with a rally field not far west of Macclesfield. Not wanting to speak for Nick, but the whole family are vehicle mad. Nick with the Land Rovers, Scammels & ERFs, His mum has all sorts of classics and his dad is into anything Bond (of the minicar variety).

Now you have my attention...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Sounds like bingo ! 

@NRS91  How would that sound to you ?

4 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

You might be better looking at 2023, most people plan ahead, so will have little spare time.

I’d be up trying it this year - even if only a few people made it. We’d then have set a precedent for sharing next years well in advance. 

• Like 3

We have a few acres out the back with fire pits and camping spots.

Only downside is you can't get a vehicle in there.

We have a carpark next to the local pub which is 100 metres away to leave trucks safely during the night after you've unloaded and set up in the field

If you get bored of camping we have rooms spare too.

We're in Devon though but if this is a serious venture we'd love to host you all...some of our 'Wildefest ' gatherings in the past have included air rifle plinking, mini tractor racing and movies at night in the woods for the kids and adults.  We have a large open fire pit(s) and lots of space 

We're here on the map

https://goo.gl/maps/aW2JD5BAv8dWvvet6

• Like 1

I would suggest a suitable venue is a stronger attraction than location.  The centre of the country demographically is Coventry/Warwick - around 2.5 hrs drive for 80% of the UK population. South Derbyshire isn't too shabby and from an events point of view appeases most folk - hence why I seem to have run about 80% of my events from Derby/Notts/Staffs area.

The idea of a camping, with cars alongside, pub within walking distance and fire pits seems a good shout. I'd be up for a Sat night - arrive during Sat day and tootle off after breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2022 at 12:14 PM, Badger110 said:

Only downside is you can't get a vehicle in there.

That could be an issue what with my "tent" being the Ambulance and a lot of other folks will likely be roof-tenting... would be a bugger having to un-bolt a roof tent and carry it down the garden to sleep in :lol:

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

That could be an issue what with my "tent" being the Ambulance and a lot of other folks will likely be roof-tenting... would be a bugger having to un-bolt a roof tent and carry it down the garden to sleep in :lol:

This is a valid point…we do have space on the property at the front for 3 vehicles as well as space beyond the boundary for more if needed, so those in roof tents etc can park up overnight.  

As for needing access to the field itself, you’ll need to either demolish the house or deal with a bunch of pedantic miserable land owners to get access…it’s never bothered us as horses walk themselves in and out 😁

If there’s some interest in a small gathering, maybe a Saturday night for those who are curious in August ( Steam fair is on the 5-8th ) or beginning of September before we go away then I can get some numbers together and sort out the logistics.

We have a few rooms free if you don’t want to camp, either crash on camp beds ( supplied ) or if your lucky,  get the spare room with a double bed. 

As for laning, I admit I know of a few bridlepaths, but it’s not something I do myself, perhaps someone else might be able to assist if folk wanted to do some?

On 6/24/2022 at 2:51 PM, Anderzander said:

Sounds like bingo ! 

@NRS91  How would that sound to you ?

My mum runs the two sites we have, one is Caravan Club (or whatever they are called now) and the other is Camping and Caravan Club, she would be best to speak to regarding bookings.
The Caravan Club site would have the option of a Marquee to hire, on site toilets & showers and 20 electric hook ups.

Rules are simple: Dogs must be on leads and waste collected and binned appropriately, BBQ/Fires raised off the floor and contained & don't be a dick 🤣 and always remember THE GRASS IS SACRED! 🤣 You wouldn't like my mother if you churned up her grass!!

To save my sanity what sort of dates are you looking for? As others have mentioned we get pre-booked a year in advance for most of the summer.

10 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

Does Nick in Macclesfield check the forum much ? 

Nope 🤣

7 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

I'll give him a prod. I know it's show season so he's pretty busy playing with the various trucks and trailers! 

Correct as always Ross, only just got back home after leaving 8am on Friday!

• Like 1