Couriers and Tyres

Anderzander

Terms & conditions seem to vary depending on which agent you use, ebay, parcel2go etc, as they seem to make thier own standardised rules but if you check directly with the couriers most will accept a tyre if its within weight or dimension parameters as long as they are wrapped & labelled.  I've sent a few recently, I think using Parcelforce and TNT.  

I get all my tyres from a well know auction site to fit myself, and they mostly seem to come via Hermes (now Evri)

Mostly just bound in pairs with parcel tape and a label stuck on ! No packaging at all.

9 hours ago, smallfry said:

I get all my tyres from a well know auction site to fit myself, and they mostly seem to come via Hermes (now Evri)

Mostly just bound in pairs with parcel tape and a label stuck on ! No packaging at all.

Just looked on EVRI and it says their max weight is 15kg ?  I must be missing something…

45 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

Just looked on EVRI and it says their max weight is 15kg ?  I must be missing something…

You'll be missing a tyre if you entrust it to their "care".

I'd have a look on parcel2go if I were you - just check the restrictions list for whatever service you choose.

I've sent them before just covered in pallet wrap and a label stuck on. Can't recall who with tho.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anderzander said:

Maybe its a contract thing ? But I have never had one damaged or lost. Not saying that all of them have arrived via them, just seems most of them do !

There are several parcel service brokers out there, like Interparcel. Should only need a pallet if its a big truck tyre !

1 hour ago, daveturnbull said:

You'll be missing a tyre if you entrust it to their "care".

I'd have a look on parcel2go if I were you - just check the restrictions list for whatever service you choose.

I've sent them before just covered in pallet wrap and a label stuck on. Can't recall who with tho.

They're the ones that managed to get a 1.2m length of thickwall 1/2" tube to land about 2m from the door! I heard the bang from upstairs with my headphones on :blink: 

1 hour ago, landroversforever said:

They're the ones that managed to get a 1.2m length of thickwall 1/2" tube to land about 2m from the door! I heard the bang from upstairs with my headphones on :blink: 

The most impressive example I have seen is a courier managing to get an entire Ford Explorer rear prop shaft through the cat flap and half way up my kitchen!!

• Haha 3

On 6/29/2022 at 2:47 PM, daveturnbull said:

My local guy is really good, it's the rest of the network that is utterly shocking.

Our local small parcel guy is good - but big parcels come from a different depot and they’ve been shocking. They lost two expensive family sized tents one after another - their tracking said each had been delivered to us - but showed a photo and a gps position of a completely different town - not only that but the picture was of a completely different item. 

They had zero interest in finding it, they never returned them to the sender - so what can you think?  Binned or stolen 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

10 hours ago, Anderzander said:

They had zero interest in finding it, they never returned them to the sender - so what can you think?  Binned or stolen 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I had the similar thing happen year before last. Not with Hermes, but Yodel. I had ordered a couple of LED number plate lamps for one of my vans. Never arrived, so I got on to the seller to find out if they had been forgotten about, and was more or less accused of trying to pull a fast one. Eventually and reluctantly they sent some replacements which I fitted and forgot about.

The originals turned up here fourteen months later ! No idea how or where they had been, so dont give upon your tents yet !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daan said:

Anyone used a courier to send a set of complete wheels with tyres. I am trying to bid on some for my jeep, but they always seem to be on the other side of the country somehow.

I just do it on a pallet, ~£50-60, couple of ratchet straps and job done.