Your favourite off roading picture

JST

I know its similar to you and your rover but different none the less. TC started a similar thread a while back (this forum i think) but i couldnt find it so here one of mine. (i then sold this to Blighty who later sold it to someone else on the forum so if you still have it, this is what is used to get upto):

110entry.jpg

just made it:

110Exit.jpg

and all courtesy of exmoor.

Some gd pics guys!

James, perhaps you would show me that particular crossing on exmoor, so i can try it in the 2a? :D

As for the pic posted by Landrover598, thats prob the best thing to do with a disco!

Il see if any of my mates have some good pics of a time when i got well stuck at a trial last year. Back when it was still a pretty standard rangie at that point (other than the bright pink paint job) and i nose-dived it into a 5ft deep boggy hole. 2 v8 mods, a rangie AND a v8 90 were chained together and still couldn't shift it!

In the end, after nearly an hour of pi**in about tryin to get it out, we went and got the 15ton slew (big ass tracked digger) that dug the hole in the first place and lifted it out by its tow hitch, which was quite a site!

Credit to fathers welding on said tow hitch to have rangie suspended by it

Tony, i think both your water feature ones are the same ford as mine!?

it had rained solid for 3days before we went out. Tarr steps had 30yr old trees uprooted and boobing around like corks, we gave that one a miss!

This is the river a little further down from Tarr Steps

WetWeekend1.jpg

determined (!) more like stupid, that we wouldn't abandon the lane which runs along to the left had side of the river we decided to push on. so river to the RHS of trees, lanes on the left, this wasnt meant to be a ford etc.

WetWeekend3.jpg

and i think i was mad at least i had a snorkel. the Disco behind, new to owner 3 weeks previous, a nice V8 ES spec then followed, and we did honestly try to talk him out of it.

He made it, all be it with wet carpets and down to four cylinders it sounded like. and CD mag stopped working for some reason.

to be fair he did have 235/70 AT on which must have made all the difference! and at least my carpets didnt get wet!

Blimey James - the river was high then!

This was taken looking back up the lane after a bit of rain although there was just a bit of a puddle then and the river was much lower, I guess I'm parked pretty much where you were?

Hawkridge.jpg

Hedley, that river crossing is just West of Simonsbath, I can PM you the grid ref. if you want it

Richard

This was taken looking back up the lane after a bit of rain although there was just a bit of a puddle then and the river was much lower, I guess I'm parked pretty much where you were?

Looking at the trees, you're further down the hill :o

I reckon those two trees to the left of your land rover are in the foreground of James' photo...

I never go a photo but

in 2000 I was working all over the contry putting up mobile phone towers I was going from the office in chichester to a site in kent I was on the A29 (the south was cut off from the M3 to the M23 and that was about to be closed due to flooding) if anyone knows the pud next to the weir I was at that point and a disco came up the road towards me with a door handle water mark so I thougth its not too bad going round all the flood signs getting to the flood that was about 60m across the fire brigade were pumping water out of the pub but admitted that it was a waste of time anyway. Remember I had seen the disco a few bend back so I know it was only door handle depth. So off I when the police man on the other bank wave at me but the red mist had set in off I went as the water was round the winscreen wipers level I begain to become a little concered that the Came Freelander I was in did not have a snorkel and as the fast left to right flowing water was pushing the car to the right and the was the monent I plop myself the back wheels started to spinn the TC came on the freelander was trying to flote I nailed the freelander and just got trough as she was being pushed up onto the crown of the road as she pulled out the other end up onto a bridge were the policeman was, I said the disco only had water up to his door handles the policeman replied he only drove in 5m then reversed back out you loony.

from then on I have never looked fast moving water the same.

Working for me Les - maybe just having problems when you looked at it (given the time, might have been offline for maintenance?).

It asks ME to select a file (from my own compoota) that I want to watch ?/ Whats this Giga share thing then