O/T - Staff Member Required

bishbosh

i saw this on another forum recently (where did you steal this from Bish?), and i'm sure someone said that they knew the owners of the digger, and that this setup was quite safe because the digger is constantly supported by the crane.

It's not safe enough to find me up there anyway!

Fantasitc way of doing it. Inspired idea and so simple

Is that in the uk

The risk assesment for that took some writing.

don't like the lifting beam much and the calcs for the snatch loadings on the super fly must have been a tad tricky

Welcome to what I do...Constuction industry..and the toys I play with

Fantasitc way of doing it. Inspired idea and so simple

Is that in the uk

The risk assesment for that took some writing.

don't like the lifting beam much and the calcs for the snatch loadings on the super fly must have been a tad tricky

Welcome to what I do...Constuction industry..and the toys I play with

Just what I was thinking the simple things are always that hardest the come up with in construction - looks safe to me although I would'nt want to do it !

Only thing of concern would be the existing brickwork but as the jcb is above and the attached to the crane hook - no problem

Its also what I do for a living

Steve

I would have thought it would have been quicker, safer, probably cheaper and altogether more convenient to plant a load of explosives around the bottom and stand well back :rolleyes:

don't forget the fun factor of the explosives! between playing with heavy machinery and blow stuff up, what would you prefer? :lol:

Guest WALFY
don't forget the fun factor of the explosives! between playing with heavy machinery and blow stuff up, what would you prefer? :lol:

Depends on what you are used to doing. Yes it's great to blow things up :D . That's what I do for a job. But for me it would be more enjoyable to play with heavy plant. So it's horses for courses.

I vote for cloning some of Dibnah's DNA into another version and getting him to bring it down brick by brick..... At least he had a Land Rover....

Or maybe a long chain and we could pull it over with a few forum vehicles... :)

How does that work as the chimney gets gradually demolished?

Surely at some point the digger has to be entirely supported by the crane so as to level off the area supporting the three pronged base?

:unsure:

That crane is at least a 300-500 toner so a little 7-10t excavator will not be much of a struggle that close in.

When it gets lower down they will put longer legs on.

I build big stuff so we normally have to demolish before we can build