DBA Rotors for D90 TD5

DiscoDino

Hey there...

First time here - been lurking and an avid poster on D4x4, PBB4x4, Outerlimits, Discoweb and D90...amongst others...

Anyways, was wondering if anyone can tell me the right part numbers for the front and rear DBA Gold rotors for a 2001 D90 TD5 - I downloaded the catalogue but it was not clear on this particular truck...

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Nadim

These Australian made Land Cruiser rotors are some of the highest quality, hi-performance rotors available. Cross-drilled for good looks, slotted to allow brake pads to vent hot gas build-up, gold painted for superior rust resistance, and good looks. Manufactured from premium Australian castings, these rotors are available for all disc brake equipped Cruisers. These are the same rotors we use in our Hi-Performance kits as well as our premium front disc brake conversions. For those seeking the ultimate in braking performance see our 4000 series brake rotors and kits. Sold individually.

Weight: 25 lbs each.

DBA Long Life Gold rotors represent a serious upgrade in rotor capability, combined with the styling and improved looks for that high performance appearance. Sold each. With The following features.

Patented "Kangaroo Paw" Ventilation Design on most applications

Direct Replacement

Extended pad and rotor life

Improved Braking Performance

Hi-Performance Appearance

http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessories/brakes.htm

dba784x.jpg

<PBB mode on>

Anything that claims to have a Hi-Performance Appearance is clearly bulls**t designed to impress the sort of people who put 4" exhaust pipes on Citroen Saxo 1.1's.

</PBB mode> :ph34r:

dba784x.jpg

<PBB mode on>

Anything that claims to have a Hi-Performance Appearance is clearly bulls**t designed to impress the sort of people who put 4" exhaust pipes on Citroen Saxo 1.1's.

They use the phrase 'good looks' twice but I still find myself strangely drawn to them..

Nadim you may find this thread of interrest though it is more with UK mud in mind. You've not filled in your profile but IIRC your posts elsewhere then drilled and slotted might be much more appropriate for yourself.

Nadim,

I see what you mean re the catalogue. 110 but no 90s listed however my immediate reaction (esp given the changed the rear axles on the later 110s) is go for the 086 front and 087 rears (with your choice of finish) as per 110 TD5 post 1994 but there will be better qualified members on here inthe morning to advise.

Nadim,

I see what you mean re the catalogue. 110 but no 90s listed however my immediate reaction (esp given the changed the rear axles on the later 110s) is go for the 086 front and 087 rears (with your choice of finish) as per 110 TD5 post 1994 but there will be better qualified members on here inthe morning to advise.

do the later 110s not have vented discs on the front therefore a lot wider? 90s don't but I thought 110s did have

Thank Guy's I have a full set on both racers and on my Disco Td5 :(:(

Mine are from Beamach and there anodised not painted (5000miles and no rust) drilled, vented and groved but the groves are 45 degree to the rotation not vertical. With EBC multi perpuse pads

I find them a big improvment when racing and towing or on a motoway when you just going too fast down a silp road. :D:D (sorry had a moment last night)

NB there not silent you can hear them they hum when braking

They do a non vented set as well

Julian

dba784x.jpg

<PBB mode on>

I'm not into "looks" - more into performance and I have these discs/rotors on my Disco and brake performance (along with the SS lines and EBC Kevlar pads) was GREATLY improved...even in the mud...I powerwash the truck religiously after mud outings, but I need these for a) Rock Crawling where every inch counts and B) for the 90 as its pushign 200hp and the flat sand runs in the desert are fun, but I get scared when the braking does not work with me...

Thanks for pointing out the "beauty" aspect of them though <PBB mode on> :finger:) <PBB mode off>

:D

Drilled, slotted, AND gold plated! Bling, but they do look nice. :)

Welcome to the forum Nadim.

Any chance of a pic or two of your truck??

Les.

:)

Thanks - here they are:

The Disco

stability.jpg

last_leg.jpg

The 90

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

Nadim,

Trev,

Thanks for your input - the delimma is exactly what you noticed...I'm going to try and get something concrete (DBA are not returning my emails) and will research this more...EE does not have anything on TD5s, ultimately, I'm going to simply get out the measuring tools and measure the fronts and rear (they have the exact dimensions on their catalogues).

last_leg.jpg

The 90

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

Trev,

Thanks for your input - the delimma is exactly what you noticed...I'm going to try and get something concrete (DBA are not returning my emails) and will research this more...EE does not have anything on TD5s, ultimately, I'm going to simply get out the measuring tools and measure the fronts and rear (they have the exact dimensions on their catalogues).

Bit of inspiration for us there.

If you're running solid rotors front which Bogbuster suggests then its just going to be 87's front and rear though you might want to put the vented 86's on the front and change to the wider 110 calipers (or fit spacers to your calipers)