So what are we calling the new Defender?

BogMonster

What name has LR UK finally settled on for the Defender in the UK?

We have had Defender Tdi and Defender Td5 so is this a

Defender TDCi

Defender TD4

Defender TDFraud

Defender Puma

Defender 2.4

2007 Defender

or ???

Just curious... what are they calling it in the showrooms to distinguish it from the old Td5s?

I'd call it the

Defender CRTD (common rail turbo diesel) or Defender TCRD (turbo common rail diesel)

IIRC LR wouldn't use the engine size 2.4 as it would be seen as a less powerful engine in joe publics eyes

Thnink that CRTD would be better than TCRD - otherwise one slip of the pen and it's a TURD!

Adrian

All the dealer types I've spoken to have called it 'the new model' or 'the 2007 model' :mellow:

The website does refer to "New 2007 Defender" but I wonder what this will become - there was also "New 2003 Discovery" at the time but that is a bit out of date now :)

How about 'Defender of people who have no idea what a utility vehicle should be and why the hell do we bother cos the whole idea behind a Land Rover is fu**ed anyway!'

Cheers

Log

Defender TDCi sounds a bit Mondeo-ish.

As the engine's called Puma, that's how I've been referring to it, but that also sounds very Fordy.

Time will tell, but I think TDCi will stick.

Defender TURD or CRUD just doesn't sound up-market enough dahling....

How about Defender-No-Flaps or Defender Without? :D

I always refer to it as the 'transit powered defender' when I need to specify which model.

When I last spoke to my dealer he was suprised how many non-aircon ones they are selling now the vent flaps have been deleted. Mind you we have not got to the hot part of the summer jet.

Rich