Sad news

Hillbilly Raider

This is a real shame. I've been in contact with Gresh quite a few times - both on this iste and LRO. Can't imagine how he feels at present, poor bloke :(

On another note - some idiot has made a stupid comment and is getting justifiably flamed for it.

Why was this vehicle carrying 9 people in the first place? they can't all have been seat belted in.

Anon , Lincolnshire

Les.

Heard this on the Today Programme (Radio 4) this morning - and wondered if it might be someone we know. Very sad for him & family.

I still don't quite understand why the BBC had to make a point of it being a Land Rover? Maybe we should be grateful they did not combine it with a gas-guzzler comment.

Si

The press reports had made reference to them overtaking a minibus and trailer which sounded odd on a single track road but I heard that he had pulled off the road to let them past and the back dropped off the bank and into the river.

Lets hope the press don't make it out to be something its not.

The press reports had made reference to them overtaking a minibus and trailer which sounded odd on a single track road but I heard that he had pulled off the road to let them past and the back dropped off the bank and into the river.

Lets hope the press don't make it out to be something its not.

I took the view that they were passing each other not overtaking.

Thus Gresh being in the 4x4 would have pulled over to let the van and trailer pass by him from the oncoming direction as they were on a single track road.

Quite how they ended up in the river will be revealed in due course.

A very sad accident.

Gresh and Sara are very caring & doting parents. I can't imagine what they are going through right now.

John

I heard this on the local radio this morning and as soon as I heard 9 people and yellow Land Rover I immediatley had this sinking feeling that it might be well.. you know.

I'm sat here feeling totally gutted, I've never met Gresh but spent lots of time on the old LRO boards which he was the master of.

Sincere condolances to all involved.

Edited to add. Its just been announced on LRO Gresh and family have just lost 7 year old son Keavy.