Ashcroft uprated CV's

white90

Mmm looking forward to these being available,

After spending an hour changing one in all the Gooo At Slindon the other week, hopefully on the Scorpion challenge next weekend we can (are you listening Pigster) keep both intact...... :lol: ....some hope.. :blink:

SRTr5pic117.jpg

Pic curtousy(sp?) of Scorpion Racing

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The new CV's were used by 3 teams at the 3peaks event recently with No breakages

I have only got to try mine on a local lane that has a very slippery surface ith a steep climb

this has been responsible for prop/CV failures in the past.

777751-1112351899.jpg

966190-1112351899.jpg

This is the hill

So the findings to date are very positive.

D90SV Jim will be trying some extreme testing very soon so a further update will fllow when the findings are

available.

ps these are not the test pics BTW but from an earlier event that shows the hill in question

This is a bit OT, but we ended up winching that lane a few weeks ago, as it was very wet and I thought we`d end up busting something after a couple of failed atempts, the pictures really don`t do justice to the rocky mid section.

Great lane though.

M

there were no free samples

Ashcroft will announce retail prices when they are ready to go to the market.

I can only comment on the useage.

cols the hill can be a real struggle, when wet it is worse. it is probably the steepest on Exmoor.

And thats with next to no power going up, and next to no engine compression on the way down :lol:

Richard you need to amend your signature - clearly the bit about going anywhere slowly is not correct if you are going down a hill then :lol::ph34r: the bit about noisily and expensively might be right by the time you hit the bottom though?

Tony,

That looks like the track through Barlynch wood off the A396 to Lousia Gate. If it is then the climb was a bit different when I went through there 2 weeks ago in the rain. I ended up winching the last couple of yards so as not to cut the track up ......... the water was coming down the track in torrents :rolleyes:

Ian

M

there were no free samples

(...) the hill can be a real struggle, when wet it is worse. it is probably the steepest on Exmoor.

OK;ta.

Re: the hill I've never been there but I suppose the pic doens't make justice on my screen as well.

I'd like to see it.

I'll wait for Jim to test them.

:rolleyes:

Just seen this on the Sc******n page:

ULTIMATE UPRATED CV JOINTS

Uprated-CV.jpg

This new range of specially developed CV’s have been tried and tested on the Scorpion Racing Challenge Trophy events with 100% success to date. They are now available for general release at a very reasonable price.

The uprated CV joints are manufactured with thicker walls on cages and have smaller balls to create a much stronger CV than original.

Available in 2522 pattern or 32 spline for later vehicles.

Ring for more information.

Assuming those Ashcrofts CV are under test yet,what are these then?

:huh:

They look identical.

Just out of curiosity,I didn't want to open a new thread for this but the other is in the tech archive and I couldn't use it there...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy