Engineering test...

ThreeSheds

94% - some of the questions were a bit iffy - eg one mentions a FORCE of 50 PSI, the one about the induction stroke correct answer is atmoshere pushing it in, to me this is the same as suction. The parallel electric circuits were ambiguos, for example the parallel circuit shows two bulbs in parallel with a switch in series so I put that down as series/parallel.

I got the drive ratios wrong, I was looking at it from the point of view of the relative rotation of the gears, rather than as if they were in an actual gearbox.

94% - some of the questions were a bit iffy - eg one mentions a FORCE of 50 PSI, the one about the induction stroke correct answer is atmoshere pushing it in, to me this is the same as suction. The parallel electric circuits were ambiguos, for example the parallel circuit shows two bulbs in parallel with a switch in series so I put that down as series/parallel.

Although if you put a switch truely in parallel it would go bang (or at least some smoke would escape)

Although if you put a switch truely in parallel it would go bang (or at least some smoke would escape)

True, but one of the circuits showed a switch in parallel with a bulb.

If the question was worded "Are the bulbs in series, parallel or series/parallel" there would be no ambiguity.

If a single bulb is connected to a battery, is it a series or parallel circuit?

True, but one of the circuits showed a switch in parallel with a bulb.

If the question was worded "Are the bulbs in series, parallel or series/parallel" there would be no ambiguity.

If a single bulb is connected to a battery, is it a series or parallel circuit?

well if we are being picky it should be

"Are the lamps in series, parallel or series/parallel" :P

got 84% ;)

74% - I hate gears, my brain doesn't work on them.

Phraseology for the intake stroke question.

I didn't read the question on one (lever question about which would be more difficult)

and after I clicked two I knew it was the other answer...