What have you always wanted to own or play with

ibexman

I have wanted a Scammel Explorer for over 30 years, but I suspect they would be a bit disappointing due to lack of difflocks and a good spread of gear ratios. I've only seen Stalwarts on video and they all seem to be afraid of steep hills, possibly due to inadequate gearing. 8x8 Tatras appear impressive, but I feel the lack of suspension articulation sees them making mountains out of molehills relatively speaking, and an 8x8 with straight axles and walking beam type suspension should be more capable. Maybe an 8x8 MAN.or one of the double articulated 8x8's built by the Clark Equipment Company or Oshkosh in the US capable of scaling a 10ft high wall ''would do it or me''. On a smaller, more manageable scale I'd like to be let loose for a couple of days with a 1961 Metrac 6x6. Check Video Shack.Those with Flash Player that can watch the video will understand.

Bill.

Mega lottery win garage:

Lotus Exige (for trips to town to fetch odds and ends)

Range Rover TDV8 (for weekends in the Alps)

R1 mini or maybe VTEC (for track days and fun)

My 110 (for everyday and offroad fun)

Series One or a 101 (for the hell of it)

Will :)

Well, I have owned sports cars all my life, but always wanted a Defender.....and now do.

So unlike most of you, I would not want a "better" or "ultimate" other 4x4.....but I would love to have a couple of million lying around to own perhaps the prettiest sports car ever made - an Auto Union Type C.

Hmmm......ok, maybe a 101 for expedition use too.

post-3030-1200131450_thumb.jpg

Imagine that in estate form at the traffic lights next to a chav in a Saxo :lol: see where I'm coming from? :D

And the 406 I want is a little like this one :o

:lol:

I was in a workshop in Salisbury and on there ramps was a totally standard looking E reg red Volvo 240 with a little bit wider steel wheels and tyres on it but completely standard looking. When I asked about it it had a 4.6V8 from a p38 and he was very sketchy but I gather it had turbo's of theirs in it. Apparently the brakes needed a little attention :huh:

Imagine that in estate form at the traffic lights next to a chav in a Saxo :lol: see where I'm coming from? :D

:o

Have you been bugging me fridge, i have been on the hunt for a 740 'full fat turbo' on and off for the last 7 months, too do just such a project.

Must buy a bigger garage, longer drive, and win the lottery first though. B)

Other than that, possibly a proper 911 Turbo from the 80's, always fancied a RWD Sapphire Cossy, and a Cobra.

After that it gets random with desires to take perfectly good classics and rip them apart and put silly engines in them.

A Reliant Kitten with a bike engine currently appeals for being daft.

I always wanted to own a

RR new one

Now the Disco 3 after driving one for a day

Others not what I've always wanted but would be nice at the moment

Serious 90 Comp truck

VW Touareg

Caterham R400 - 500 Mate has one of these - excellent!

Porsche 911 track car

Steve

Owened most of the Renault turbos when i was working at Renault

well ive raced SD1'S and hillclimbed MINIS put silly engines in MINIS (1480 turbo)

have a mark 2 cortina estate with a savage engine(sold engine sometime ago)

had a fluracent orange 101 radio van and have the 109

wanted a RS200 and anything 8 wheel drive

:P TWIZZLE :P

I'd like most of the vehicles mentioned above, or just to have a drive in them. Not sure about maintaining them though, as I struggle with just a 90!

Would love to play in a tracked tank, Stalwart, Explorer, anything 8x8, amphibious or just generally enourmous, as well as some sort of rock crawler, rally car and anything else stupidly fast.

Best things I've driven off road are Steves P38 round Bures and a JCB - great fun when you get it airbourne flat out over jumps!

Richard

I would love to have a Bently for a few weeks (whilst I can afford the petrol)

I would love to own a 110 4.6 V8 with autobox and all the usual toys and exped kit.

Used as a daily runabout.

But on a more serious note I would just like to be able to buy some offroading kit, bits for my P38. :angry2::angry2:

Land Rover-wise;

3-door RRC manual. Bog standard and immaculate.

107 / 109 S1

109 S2a or S3 with 3.5 carb-fed V8 but NOT the Stage 1 front

Other makes:

VT2 hovercraft. They only made 2 for trial / evaluation purposes. I met the design crew once.

SRN4 hovercraft MKII. I've met the design crew of these fabulous beasts as well.

1968-70 Dodge Charger with either the 383 or 440 or even 426 hemi.

1970 Mustang with the 428 cobra-jet engine.

The above are the absolute MUST own (or, in the case of the hovercrafts, fantasy-ride as they don't exist anymore).

There are many others, but these are the ones I always think of first.