LEZ

ibexman

I still think they should barbed wire the M25 and cut off all contact. Let the fight it out amongst themselves while the rest of us live happily with out there interference

....but let me out first before you put up the barbed wire! :lol:

Hoping to sell and & move to Sussex later this year!

Steve

Another truly exellent reason to avoid the Enema point of the UK City of London

And my 4.5 V8 Gas Guzzler is OK, so even stupider :lol:

Nige

It is sooooo stupid - all down to that fool who pretends to run the capital. With any luck he may not get re-elected because of this as he's finally done something to tiddle off all of London rather than the minority who live in the center and so something may be done to stop the madness.

In 18 months I'm going to back working in London again so I'll be living there during the week. I think a friend of mine has got the right idea as far as city cars go - a Caterham R400 (which is kept in central London). It sticks 2 fingers up at the eco warriors (18 mpg on a good day, 117 dB and spits flames), is small so is very easy to park, its nippy (in fact almost too much so) and because its unusual people let him out of junctions.

Can't say I'm bothered

Untill it goes europe wide !!!

Pinched from Pistonheads !!

EMISSIONS ZONE BEGINS IN LONDON

Operators of lorries failing to meet targets face £200 charge

Britain’s first low emissions zone came into force in London today in a bid to clean up one of Europe’s most polluted cities.

The most heavily polluting lorries now face charges of £200 to enter Greater London and firms which fail to pay will be fined £1,000.

The scheme uses fixed and mobile cameras to check the registration plates of all lorries over 12-tonnes as they drive within the zone.

This will then be checked against a database of registered vehicles which meet the LEZ emissions standards.

These are exempt from the charge or are registered for a 100 per cent discount.

The rules will be extended to cover buses and coaches in July.

The LEZ will be in force 24 hours a day, including weekends, and covers an area of 610 sq miles.

Transport for London argues that London’s poor air quality adversely affects the health of many people who live in the city, causing health problems such as asthma.

If the scheme is deemed successful many cities in the UK and Europe are expected to follow suit.

Checked my 110 and it's exempt (at the moment!). But the zone extends WELL outside london to within 1/2 mile of my house. In fact many local farmers won't be able to cross the road to the field on the other side without paying £200.00 or buying a new landy!