Daily Driver Challenge Events - 29 Mar 08 - Wellington

JST

Seems to me that looking at the interest, its going to turn into a lockered & winched up challenge truck event for the big boys to let some steam off. :lol: Would love to join you but at diggeralnd for the day. :(

I wouldn't have said that was fair Upnover- i know there will be a fair few people there with pretty much standard trucks with just Mts stuck on- that's what mine is and i'll be making the trip i'm sure.

Seems to me that looking at the interest, its going to turn into a lockered & winched up challenge truck event for the big boys to let some steam off. :lol: Would love to join you but at diggeralnd for the day. :(

Yep Cheers Upnover. appreciate your showing your personnal view but that line is enough to put off the exact people i am trying to encourage to come along and enjoy the sport and see what its about.

At the moment its only Bowie, Puggy, TJ, Jos and BBC looking at coming anyway from this thread, 1 of which is a regular Challenge competitor and three of which have never done a winch challenge as far as i am aware - so yep looks TJ is the one letting off the steam - on No hes not even driving hes just in a challenge prepared truck.

so yep looks TJ is the one letting off the steam - on No hes not even driving hes just in a challenge prepared truck.

Think upnover4x4 has some duff info ,,No "lockered & winched up challenge truck" owner has showed interest as far as i know,,

No steam to let off, and will not be in the Rangie, just the hybrid,

Sorry buddy but you appear to have missed the point completely and worse still in a few unthinking words could quite easily put off exactly the people that this event is being put on for. The lockered & winched up challenge truck big boys have plenty of other events specifically aimed at them... This event is not one of them!

If you take the time to read all the info about the event on James' website then you would see that the rules etc have been careful to ensure that the vehicles being used are far closer to standard than the majority of challenge events- it doesn't really matter what you turn up in (as long as it fits the rules :D ) as there are no winners and no losers. As has been said TJ101 is the only regular challenge competitor that has shown interest in entering- even then he is not driving and not using his challenge truck...

TBH the most likely reason for any of the 'lockered & winched up challenge truck big boys' to attend would be to offer advice and support to those who are entered on the day...

Just my 2P...

Shrek

TBH the most likely reason for any of the 'lockered & winched up challenge truck big boys' to attend would be to offer advice and support to those who are entered on the day...

And that was hugely appreciated at the January DRD I attended, if the atmosphere is anything like it was then, this will be an excellent event, more than suited for relatively standard trucks.

'lockered & winched up challenge truck big boys' to attend would be to offer advice and support to those who are entered on the day...

I don't know about that statement ....................... remember those are a bunch of misty eyed rednecks .............. :ph34r:

I guess in retrospect those that entered would be better off listening to the people like you who care about panel damage and have to put a lot more thought into the punch approach and retreat process.................

My 2p

:)

Ian

I am very much interested in this, I will have to get some rear JATE rings but otherwise I'm set.

I don't see any mention of mandatory MTs? I bought a set of MTs today just so I could start doing exactly this... but guess what, they're Insa Turbo Special Tracks. :(

If you accept the ATs I'll be on the Lassas, which may be pants if it gets too tricky.

Hi James

Can you please add me to you list and e-mail entry form.

I'll be entering in my tricked up Extreme challenge truck of a TD5 90 Hardtop with open axles, massive 255/85 16 BFG MT's and an uber 1/2 twin motor EP9 up front ;););)

Cheers

Steve

Hi James

Can you please add me to you list and e-mail entry form.

I'll be entering in my tricked up Extreme challenge truck of a TD5 90 Hardtop with open axles, massive 255/85 16 BFG MT's and an uber 1/2 twin motor EP9 up front ;););)

Cheers

Steve

See. I told yer so .................bloody misty eyed rednecks........................... :lol: .....Hello Steve

Ian

Steve, Ben , 3.5 email sent to all with forms. Shrek you should aready have one - anyone i have missed.

Just as an aside i need 12 vehicles to be registered in order to run this event so if you know anyone thinking about it then please help them decide!

Those that have volunteered to help Marshall - thank you, i will be in contact once event interest is confirmed.

Sorry that you all felt that I was trying to discourage people from the event!!! Have been to a few similar kind of events & always seems that the better prepared trucks seem to get a little competitive. I personally would love to join you as these kind of days are ideal for the likes of myself coming along & improving my driving skills & possibly getting some practice & experience watching how other people tackle situations.

So if I have offended anyone with my comment, I apologise for this but it was not posted in malice to anybody.

Adrian

well come along then, you'll be more than welcome, and if anything else you can laugh at me getting stuck in my lardcruiser.

I would be very very surprised if these events were anything more than friendly ways to get some more experience and see how good a standard truck is.

It's always nice to see a new face too!

Because we don't want him stuck all day long on the 1st punch :ph34r:

Nah that'll be me :ph34r:

James, could you mail me an app form please? I won't send it until a later date of that's OK, as I want to make sure I am going to be prepped properly for it :)

So atm, I am a very light grey pencil mark :P

Sorry that you all felt that I was trying to discourage people from the event!!! Have been to a few similar kind of events & always seems that the better prepared trucks seem to get a little competitive. I personally would love to join you as these kind of days are ideal for the likes of myself coming along & improving my driving skills & possibly getting some practice & experience watching how other people tackle situations.

So if I have offended anyone with my comment, I apologise for this but it was not posted in malice to anybody.

Adrian

Good man Adrian- sorry for being somewhat blunt in my response but it really does not take much to put people off having a go... the whole day is about building peoples confidence and having fun doing what we all enjoy. You coming then or what??? Always good to have new faces around!

Shrek :D