Another new memeber

thebigman

Hello all

I was given the link to this site from western as i have just also registered on the other forum (better not mention another forum on my first post).

I'm guessing that most of you use that forum too but just in case you don't then here are a few piccies of our new 'project'

newlandy001.jpg

newlandy003.jpg

newlandy004.jpg

newlandy005.jpg

newlandy006.jpg

newlandy007.jpg

newlandy008.jpg

I'm just going to tidy the inside out a bit and leave it as it is. i have got the interior stripped and am awaiting deliver of a pressure washer to clean it out.

I will keep you all updated

Guest mortus

id be terribly interested in what that stuff was.. it looks like its been parked in a sandy river or something...

altho.. his side step still fold up, mine seized up a long time ago!

Patina

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia (Edited)

Patina is a coating of various chemical compounds such as oxides or carbonates formed on the surface of metal during exposure to weathering. Patina also refers to accumulated changes in surface texture and colour that result from normal use of an object.

In terms of antiques, "Patina is everything that happens to an object over the course of time. The nick in the leg of a table, a scratch on a table top, the loss of moisture in the paint, the crackling of a finish or a glaze in ceramics, the gentle wear patterns on the edge of a plate, piles of grain and rust in the back of a 110. All these things add up to create a softer look, subtle colour changes, a character. Patina is built from all the effects, natural and man-made, that create a true antique." - Israel Sack

a friend of mine picked up a disco in similar condition last year, it had about 4" of dirt, sand, macdonalds wrappers and straw in it...

he cleaned it out by blasting it with a hose off a road-breaker compressor... it actually came up quite well...

I'd buy a truck like that, i got my last 110 in a pretty rough state, it had been owned by a soil surveying company who had stood a diesel generator in the back, the whole load bay was full of thick, diesel-mud... a few hours with a scapper and a garden hose, and it came up really well..