Christmas shopping & multi storey carparks.

Hillbilly Raider

Anyone else tearing their hair out trying to find on street parking?

Have been out on the broomstick doing a bit of Christmas shopping (read being riped off)

All the side streets are coned off/no parking signs and "jobs worths" in high viz jackets directing the traffic to the nearest multi storey car park.

Try to explain to said "jobs worths" that the broomstick is TOO TALL!!! for multi storey!!!!! mean while traffic building up behind... sitting on their horns and not leaving enough room for you to turn around, and stupid women with pushchairs (and not even landrover ones at that!!) walking behind/in front and MR impatient over taking whilst you are trying to turn around !!!!!

NEXT YEAR I AM SHOPPING ON LINE IN AUGUST!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Masochist. That's what the internet's for...

Internet for me too

though I made the mistake of calling into the Redcar branch of Argos which yesterday resembled the queues at Disneyland (but without the enjoyable ride at the end of it.....).

All the terminals where you can just pay with your card and collect your item where knackered there was two staff on the tills who were either very new or just incompetent (could have been both...)

I asked to speak to the manager and was faced with a girl who looked about 15, made my complaint and a resolution never to ever set foot in that dump again.

The original post reminded me of a time when I got up to a height restricted area at an MS car park at one xmas time in Middlesbrough. Had the Discovery at the time and the roof rails just took it over the indicated restriction limit probably could of done it as there was probably a safety margin built in to the restriction but didn't fancy risking it.

I Caused a massive hold up in the car park as I attempted to turn around, V.V. embarrassing :(

On foot Trev??? thats ok for you ! you have 2 good feet AND live within walking distance of the town!

I on the other, have one knackered leg and live as you know miles from the shops!!

sides that , thats wot LANDROVERS are for!! (save on walking i mean!!!! not shopping before there are any sarky comments!!) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now if Landrover made Granny mobiles? think what havoc i could cause on late night shopping trips!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

On foot Trev??? thats ok for you ! you have 2 good feet AND live within walking distance of the town!

I on the other, have one knackered leg and live as you know miles from the shops!!

sides that , thats wot LANDROVERS are for!! (save on walking i mean!!!! not shopping before there are any sarky comments!!) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just as well we're close too. Had to use the push bike and trailer one day to go buy a battery so I could get the landy started :rolleyes:

thats wot LANDROVERS are for!!

I like that :lol:

35" tyres + Cage generally = not gettey into multi storey

often = angry man in HV at all the broken lights taken out by cage.

Add air suspension = Pssschhhht & drive in no bother.

pump up once parked so cage pressing on ceiling - better than any immobiliser + makes man in HV wonder how it got in and get even angrier with other 4x4's who say their truck is too tall! :)

Si

Jon : do you think the series would make it? :lol::lol::lol:

Bogbuster: i married an Italian..... couldnt get away with it if i tried!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Why wouldnt it? Its more reliable than my truck!!!!Er.......and the raider for that matter......at least the series got back from Italy under its own steam! :lol:

Much easier just not to bother buying anybody Christmas presents and spend the money on yourself - after a few years people soon get the idea :lol:

Same here!

:rolleyes:

Add air suspension = Pssschhhht & drive in no bother.

pump up once parked so cage pressing on ceiling - better than any immobiliser + makes man in HV wonder how it got in and get even angrier with other 4x4's who say their truck is too tall!

Si

:lol: