Quick Fist

LR90

Yeah I had a load sent over from the US a while ago. They're well made and useful for various things, although I only use them to hold a MagLite in my 90. I was thinking of holding a Hi-Lift in the tub with them, but ended up putting that behind the seats where the normal jack was kept.

I've got 2 pairs of the MagLite sized ones sitting by my desk here, I think I got the price down to about £7 - £7.50 a pair at the time (Scorpion were charging £9.99+VAT&Postage!), if you're after some?

Edited to add: I got them from here, and there's some instructions on how to mount them on the site which may be useful.

Richard

Edited by darthdicky

I've used loads of them on my landy Trev, holding everything from spare half shafts, the pick, and the wheel brace to maglite torchs, a bow saw and the loppers. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Mo

Well can't ask for more than that. If they fit I'll just take DDs but I suspect I may be ordering the larger ones. If it comes to that I'm quite happy to look at buying a few extra and share any savings.

Will update when I have some news.

is anyone got any experience of Quick Fist

And me too.

Like all simple ideas they're just great.

I got them in both the sizes,even the big ones.

The small ones keep the Jackall in place,and the big ones hold the MB lorry air reservoir.

When I ordered mine,a while before DD IIRC,

Don was kind to offer me free shipping if I had buy a few more.

I think you can easily save some pennies doing a group buy.

His email is (was):

donpolak@endroad.com

Good shopping!

Got a pair holding my shovel in the rear tub. I would recommend them. Looking at the fitting instructions, it mentions a plastic washer (supplied). Well they weren't (supplied) when I got mine from a certain North London supplier. (Walks off mumbling) :angry:

Yep, I've got some on my motor and I think my lad's used some on the Tomcat.

Why not save yourselves some hassle and get them from here - shouldn't be too far away from you Trev and Paul's a first-class bloke to deal with.

Ross

Going off the thread for a moment, does anyone know where I can buy a new spade like the one in the pic with a pointed blade here, online would be good ?

Mo

Do a google search on Round Mouth Shovel. I've just done a quick search and it brought up quite a few retaillers.

The cheepest i've found are from these people http://shop.btcv.org.uk/shop/level3/28/stock/343

Edited by mpb

Do a google search on Round Mouth Shovel. I've just done a quick search and it brought up quite a few retaillers.

The cheepest i've found are from these people http://shop.btcv.org.uk/shop/level3/28/stock/343

Mo

I got mine from Sodbury £10 genuine British date stamped 1964!

ideal for digging I've found, better than the others I;ve tried previously.

Anchor supplies will no doubt have some

Mo

Thanks Tony but I wanted something more weatherproof for the wing of the Landy as the handles rot on the military ones so I've just ordered one of these :)

Mo

Mo

I got mine for a fiver at a Dunsfold day! ;);) They are the best for digging though.

Cheers

Steve

I think this one will live inside unless I'm in the landy as it has a nice yellow shiney bit which could attract the wrong sort :(

Mo

If you want a really cheap pointed spade, raid the garden shed, and take a 9 inch angle grinder to any spade you find in there! Works for me.

Regards,

Diff

I got mine from Anchor supplies (just up the road from me) Anchor

£5.50 for a small and £6.50 for a large you can't go wrong ;)

I use a long handled Irish version called a "Feck" originally used for cutting peat for the fire.

Now where the feck is the ....."peat cutter"!

The long handle is a great back saver but of course more difficult to mount across the front of the vehicle.

I suppose it's about 5' long.

John