Winch rope

suggs

good price and i need some for the weekend, was tempted to go Plasma but its £80 more. this is a type of Dyneema but its not pre-streched so anyone know what i would need to do to stretch it. strop it round a tree and back the 90 up?

what do you think

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=008

Used it at ADWC round 8 last year at slindon snapped by dinner and i nearly did a back flip. took it of and gave it back, buy plasma

Used it at ADWC round 8 last year at slindon snapped by dinner and i nearly did a back flip. took it of and gave it back, buy plasma

OMG really, the same stuff off ebay?. think ill order some plasma from D44 then

OMG really, the same stuff off ebay?. think ill order some plasma from D44 then

If you are going Plasma 12 then why pay the monkey? Buy it direct from Rufftraks, the importer - Andy is a forum member and I believe he gives forum discount. He may be ugly and somewhat grumpy in a Glaswegian way but he won't bite your head off and when you get to know him he is a nice bloke. His forum name is Andy T

I'm using David Bowyers Bowrope, after 3 rounds of Howlin wolf it is still in fine shape, despite being used with no sympathy at all.

Another vote for Dyneema-Bowrope here, got 2 bits of 10mm and don't expect to have to replace them for some time yet as there is no sign of distress apart from looking a bit grubby.

Mind you the 110 spends most of its time sitting in the garage these days so it should last quite well :lol::unsure:

An EP will be fine with 9.5 Plasma 12 or 10mm Dyneema Bowrope

As to quality, both are as good as the other, Dyneema is prettier. Both blokes that sell it (Andy and David) are top of the tree - Andy's jokes are funnier but he hasn't got a beard and his tatse in vehicles is somewhat dubious

im thinking 75' of 11mm so that should fit the drum and the other 25' rigged as an extension..

100ft of 11mm will fit fine on an EP9. If you have a rope guard fitted the top layer may touch bars when you first fit it, but as soon as you've used it once or twice it will clear easily.

Steve

I've just put 150ft of 11mm plasma from Rufftracks on my front 8274 that has an extended and thinner drum no problems, and I like it.

but when I used 12mm Dyneema after washing it, it seemed to go thicker and fluffier (don't take the pee) and then wouldn't fit though the drum but would settle down after a pull or two,

don't ask me why but somehow I would trust the Plasma more, even though I've still got Dyneema on my rear winch.

Horses for courses, but the fluffies nice on yer handies.