www part of server down

sotal

Hmm I get that too, we have had problems with similar issues in the past. Thanks - hopefully one of the admins will be along shortly :)

If you know anybody that cannot get on the site at the moment they can do so by using the following link:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php

which will go to the home page. Anybody reading this obviously doesn't need it :)

I would also add that I have found the forum extremely slow for the last week or so, both at work (ie) and at home (firefox) often so bad that pages don't load at all.

+1

and it's not my net connection as stuff like pistonheads and devno load quickly. is the server bandwidth getting close to it's limit?

Guest WALFY

Me to. I even found out how to get rid of the cookies/temp pages and history. Then went onto defrag the laptop. Still to no avail. Still slow. Usualy in the evening :(

No problems with speed here unless I am using it on dialup out in the sticks in which case speed problems come as standard :rolleyes:

Some of the images do take a while to load though, but I think they are probably ones that aren't stored on the forum server.

very unlikely, as we havea dedicated server that makes us a bit future proof.

I'm sure Trev/Geoff will pop up soon & sort it.

banwidth is really the amount of data which can be transferred To and From our server- when it starts to get a bit congested then a % of the users will start to notice a slowdown. Only way of really telling is looking at peak loading throughout the day. Doubt our server itself would be stressed by what we have on here as it's only really supplying minimal data.

Oxccaisionally in the past couple of days LR4x4 will not load on my machine while evrything elase I check daily will. Left alone for a while and it will work again. Just a bit annoying!

i've had the same thing