Trouble connecting

Bowie69

Speed was ok for me early this morning, then promptly got arthritis :(

We have now raised several tickets with Invision, and still have had no reply at all from them.

Considering all your money is going to them - up to £140 per month, (dependant on the exchange rate), this is very bad service. I did phone them once (in the USA), and spoke to a woman that clearly had no interest at all in the problem, and pretty-much told me I'll have to wait for it to be fixed (that was over £20 wasted :( )

We are paying for a dedicated server - I kinda expected it to be better than this.

Les.

Finally got a reply from them yesterday evening -

I ran an optimization on the database. There were several tables with issues that would affect performance. Please let us know how the site runs over the next 24 hours or so.

Thank you,

Blake Cheatham

System Administrator

Invision Power Services

Les.

Getting to and logging onto the forum isn't an issue, but then I start trying to read posts and reply to stuff......getting very tedious now!!

Just taken approx. 4 minutes to send a PM - not including the time it took to load up the 'compose new message' page!!

Because of the on-going problems with this website, Invision has very kindly offered you all the use of another webspace until they can justify the high cost of the poor performance of this one.

Could you all please move to this black hole of Land Rover ownership :)

http://z3.invisionfree.com/North_West_Rovers/index.php

Programmes will resume after the interval.

Les :)

Because of the on-going problems with this website, Invision has very kindly offered you all the use of another webspace until they can justify the high cost of the poor performance of this one.

Could you all please move to this black hole of Land Rover ownership :)

http://z3.invisionfree.com/North_West_Rovers/index.php

Programmes will resume after the interval.

:rofl:

Very cruel Les - still it will increase the number of site hits on that link by about 100 times just with the people going for a look :lol:

it's fine with me, using XP Home & IE7 haven't had any IPS errors show up. maybe it's a Firefox problem.

On Firefox here, all good.

Ironically it seems to be the only site that actually loads within an acceptable period of time here. Never choose Virgin Media cable if you're in a group of four students...20 meg is not enough as it is...never mind when they put stupid download speed limits on :angry2:

Up till today, all was well with me (using Firefox). When I came to post the Slab event it took a while to post. Also, I was using the "mark all threads as read" feature in the "for sale" section and it just got stuck. And to top it all, it now won't remember my log in details.