Insurance refusal

Daan

How modified is your truck Paul?

Did they explain why they won't offer your cover?

Is Shropshire a hot bed of thieves? :D

Yes, Lancaster will only insure "lifted" land rovers. As the LC has a 3-4" lift they will not insure it. NFU are ok with all the mods. Adrian Flux are ok with the mods, but are no cheaper than the NFU, but have a bigger excess.

Paul

you could try footman james and see how they go.

any mods i have made have been ok, the only small issue was when changing the engine to isuzu. they had to go away and check, but they came back shortly after and said, no extra required on policy. the policy is based on an agreed value and i just have to send in photographs every year at renewal. When i do this i just make sure they get about 10 good photos of the entire car, engine interior and underside included.

the policy is for a classic commercial (a 110) so is less than £100, but even if the landcruiser cost a bit more, i don't think they would refuse you cover.

is it the height of the lift insurers have issue with? you could consider using a smaller lift and ditching your wheel arches if that would help your case.

The one company said it was that fact it was not a lifted LR. The lift is about 3 inches. Most are not bothered about the mods, but will only cover them along, others will not cover it for 4x4 Response call outs. I might have to drop the 4x4R cover as it drops by 50%. It's cover for one or the other but not both.

Paul

I expect its the rescue side & the possibility of litigation against you by ambulance chasers that frightens them.

It is not that, it is covered by class 2 business use. Just can not get it and the mods covered at the same time. I can get one or the other. As I posted above Adrian Flux will cover it for all. But it is more cover than I need, the blue light bit, but it is full cover.

Paul

It is not that, it is covered by class 2 business use. Just can not get it and the mods covered at the same time. I can get one or the other. As I posted above Adrian Flux will cover it for all. But it is more cover than I need, the blue light bit, but it is full cover.

Paul

4x4response is voluntary work which should be included on most policies any way. Once called out you should then be operating on the insurance of the agency which called you out for third party liability including the vehicle

if the agency cant supply insurance i wouldnt do it for them if i was you

4x4response is voluntary work which should be included on most policies any way. Once called out you should then be operating on the insurance of the agency which called you out for third party liability including the vehicle

if the agency cant supply insurance i wouldnt do it for them if i was you

We are covered but only 3rd party.

Paul

Very strange, Flux cover my 109 (I e-mailed them a list of mods) and it's covered agreed value at a very reasonable price no quibble at all :unsure:

They will cover mine as will NFU, but I would like to save some money. If I drop the mods or 4x4 response cover I can save 50%. It is just getting cover for both for a good price thats the problem.

Paul

cant you only get motor trade insurance if you are in the motor trade?

if not how do i get one ;)

Start dealing in cars. There is no law that says you must be a successful motor trader, or that you have to turn over a set number of cars, advertise each week etc. ;)

There are some down sides though, no windscreen cover, no protected bonus scheme etc.

Chris

I don't get this hassle, I have motor trade if its got wheels its covered

how much is it to insure then?

why don't you get a motor trade insurance this will cover use for recovery/response.

I use to have a traders insurance. By shoping around I saved over 50% so it was worth it. Traders insurance is a lot more than I pay now, but if I was running more than 2 cars it would be worth it. The traders insurance I use to have covered everything, even trade plates and bikes up to 7.5T.

Paul

I use to have a traders insurance. By shoping around I saved over 50% so it was worth it. Traders insurance is a lot more than I pay now, but if I was running more than 2 cars it would be worth it. The traders insurance I use to have covered everything, even trade plates and bikes up to 7.5T.

Paul

hi Paul..

my insurance is up to 23ton as i run a 6 wheel recovery truck and i have my kenworth yank rig (ice road truckers) few discos and my BMW ,,i have demo cover for test drives i pay £1480 (fnc and am 28)

And really anyone can phone up for a trade insurance sometimes its better to lie to be honest,, most off my friends run m/t 2 off them are down are part time traders there other jobs are taxi driver and window cleaner age 45 there paying £525 each

Question ,, I know a lot off people on here like to rant and rave over bobtails and tax exempt 90s that they need SVA and are not legal, they're not insured blah blah, few off you lot have gone to all the hassle off SVA and time and money just so you can insure it. Wouldn't it have been cheaper just to get trade insurance as long as its taxed and mot'd drive it do what ever mods to it you want?

At the end off the day we drive Land Rovers there never 100% legal even on MOT day there is always some one who knows someone for MOT day aint that right .........

I don't get this hassle, I have motor trade if its got wheels its covered

how much is it to insure then?

why don't you get a motor trade insurance this will cover use for recovery/response.

???,, Just renewed our trade insurance,,

All of the 4 companies i went to for quotes, all required trade plates,(would now seam to be a trader policy requirement !!) plus full listed details of both the offroad vehicles, to ensure proper cover !! Likewise, if you want them to cover recovery/response etc,, you have to tell them, and pay the adjusted premium accordingly !!

They are commercial policies, with a max of 4 years NCB allowed on the road risks

They are wise to the wide boys, of covering a mini, and then smoking about in a Porsche or iffy Landrover !!!! All vehicles that are taxed, have to be logged onto the database !!!

Question ,, I know a lot off people on here like to rant and rave over bobtails and tax exempt 90s that they need SVA and are not legal, they're not insured blah blah, few off you lot have gone to all the hassle off SVA and time and money just so you can insure it. Wouldn't it have been cheaper just to get trade insurance as long as its taxed and mot'd drive it do what ever mods to it you want?

Just because it's insured doesn't mean it's road-legal.

With all due respect, I'd rather be above board and legal when it comes to vehicles.

With all due respect, I'd rather be above board and legal when it comes to vehicles.

I agree, thats why I spent the time sorting it out RIGHT. I now have the cover I need for I price I am ok with (I did not use the word happy as I am never happy where insurance is conserned as I hate paying for it).

Paul