I want to fit some seats

so, i want to fit some tidy, and reasonably priced seats in the front on my 110, the standard slabs are not comfortable to say the least!

has anyone got some suggestions as to whats been done/what you've done?!?

ive had a little search, but couldnt see anything!

pics would be good :)

cheers in advance!

jase

anything Rover based will fit (200,400,600,800 series)

If you can get hold of them,800 vitesse seats are very nice.They are half leather and made by recaro,

Loads of seats on e-bay or try your local breakers yard.

the choice is endless

Good luck

I fitted lately the front seats to Mazda 3, it needs a bit of adjustment since they are not bolt on the original, but it feels great.

Let me know if you are interested I will take few pictures.

Gali.

woah! thanks for all the fast replies :)

just to answer ralph and anderzander - the seats are the military type seats, and essentially theres nothing wrong with them, just uncomforable :)

i quite like the idea of the rover 800 vitesse, i think ill keep my eyes peeled for some.

the RRC back seat looks good, but i but have cubby box in the middle that i like!

gali - could you post some pics of your mazda seat arrangement please ???? :)

if anyone else has got something different, im interested ;)

thanks everyone :)

jase

woah! thanks for all the fast replies :)

just to answer ralph and anderzander - the seats are the military type seats, and essentially theres nothing wrong with them, just uncomforable :)

jase

I see, Military seats aren't the most comfy for everyday & long journey use.

looking above you've lots of choices :unsure:

again, woah! thanks for the links anderzander :) the rovers seats are really cheap, it looks like i can get some nice leather seating for not to much !

like ralph said im spoilt for choice! :D

from the majority of replies, it seems rover seats are the way forward.....

just one more question, well more like a comment, but i like dont like being "hunched" over the steering wheel, im about 6 foot, and at the moment the MOD seats allow me not sit to close to the steering wheel, is there any seat that i should avoid for this reason?

thanks once again :)

again, woah! thanks for the links anderzander :) the rovers seats are really cheap, it looks like i can get some nice leather seating for not to much !

like ralph said im spoilt for choice! :D

from the majority of replies, it seems rover seats are the way forward.....

just one more question, well more like a comment, but i like dont like being "hunched" over the steering wheel, im about 6 foot, and at the moment the MOD seats allow me not sit to close to the steering wheel, is there any seat that i should avoid for this reason?

thanks once again :)

You could always fit a bulkhead removal bar?

One of them only takes a small portion of the bulkhead away but allows you to move your seat further back.

There was a very recent post "Bulkhead removal bar fitment" which has piccies and links.

HTH

Cheers

G :)

Hi

most of the problems with car seats is that you can end up with your legs touching the steering wheel as they tend to be thicker cushion than the standard def seats...

I have rangy ones in mine, my cubby box won't fit between them though, be aware that most car seats are wider than def ones too!

Mike

Hi

most of the problems with car seats is that you can end up with your legs touching the steering wheel as they tend to be thicker cushion than the standard def seats...

I have rangy ones in mine, my cubby box won't fit between them though, be aware that most car seats are wider than def ones too!

Mike

yeh, i tried fitting some citroen zx seats, but my head was almost touching the roof!!

i was looking on fleabay and saw some high back defender seats for a reasonable price, but i wasnt swift enough with my clicking so i missed them!

i think i may keep my eye out for rover seats, probably of disco origin, or 200/400/800 car variety. or even seats from a defender!

if anyone has anything like this, or something suitable, and your not far from the m4 corridor, or in southampton or pembrokeshire area. please feel free to let me know !

jase :)

I ve fitted some seats out of a ford focus in mine using the land rover frames , so i can still get to the battery .

Paul

paul,

you wouldnt happen to have any pics that you wouldnt mind posting would you please?

what year or model focus did you get the seats from??

thanks

jason

• 2 months later...