Best and Worst L/R purchase

white90

Best - SWB SIII for spares, £200 - fitted with capstan winch, Kenlowe fan, Lumenition ignition, Weber carb, Cassette Radio, De-luxe trim & seats, Overdrive, De-luxe bonnet with spare wheel mount, gun rack, free-wheeling hubs, swivel gaiters, rad muff.

Best: ummm..... this is a struggle...... urrrrrr..... suppose it'll be the LT77 and V8 when it's fitted

Worst: A LR from a dealership, ripped off for something that was basically a rolling chassis, never again

Guest diesel_jim

Hmmm... difficult because i've bought so many *good* bits!

probably one of my 8274's (either one!) as they're so handy. if nothing else, no lockers, mega tyres,mega suspension or whatever, a decent winch can drag you through on bald 205 road tyres with no axle travel!

worst....my old ramsey REP8000 winch.... woudln't pull skin off of custard and always broke down/leaked in water & mud and was as slow as hell!

Best: series 2A V8 that I still have

Worst: series 3 LWB diesel that has a siezed 2.25 Diesel, I bought a "doner" SWB LR with a 2.5D and another 2.5D (I bought to fit snow plough.... but it has a very Rusty Chassis and needed a new one.........) Now I am doing up the doner and Rob has the 2.5D in his :) Alls well that ends well!!

(The body bits from the LWB will be used in the hybrid)

Best value has to be my Discovery. B)

Most lucky has to be my hardly used 8274 (£50) :D:P

Worst must be my first Land Rover, series 1, took 5 years to finish and was useless at the end of it. Surprisingly I did make money on it though. :)

Best...Hmmmmm

Either the axle inerds (ARB24splines and Ashcroft / Quaffie bits etc) or the Hydraulic "Thang" on the front

worst ?...no question ....

the absolute C**p called a 'Janspeed' full exhaust from tubular headers to tailpipe...appalling just like the customer service and aftercare :angry:

Nige

BEST - Buying my 110 a couple of months ago and putting extra seats in the back for the kids (I convinced the missus a Land Rover 110 was the only vehicle big enough to fit our 4 kids in ;) ). Also getting rid of the 2.5 petrol engine for a 300 tdi.

WORST - A sticker I bought off ebay which ripped off after the 1st jet wash :wacko:

Best - Two series door bottoms (£10 for both) to replace my rotten defender ones with.

Worst - Two bearmach door strikers for above. The casting is sufficiently different from the genuine article for them not to work at all. I should take them back really!