The End Of Lre Forums

Les Henson

It all seems a tad petty in light of the explanation, I'm somehow glad that I declined (for the reason that I did not think I could do justice to the task) when asked to participate as a Moderator.

Any institution commercial or otherwise that cannot see the benefit of customer feedback deserves all it gets, I shall be looking hard at my subscription renewal when it arrives.Do we see the seeds of another mag?

The forum has given me a great deal of pleasure, amusement & help over the years, it is a real lifeline of sanity in some of the more remote places I can find myself overseas.

I take my hat off to the guys and ladies (why is my head colder than it was 5 years ago :( ) who put such effort into this and will be happy to do something to add what support I can, God knows I don't need any more T shirts but I can always use a few stickers to cover up the badges on my Co. car :D

On the self promotion front, would it be possible for someone with the expertise to design a small Java aplette that could be tagged as a signature to emails?

Civet de Reynard anyone? :lol:

Well Done Les, you and the other mods have done a great job trying to make the transition as smooth as possible. In the end I think its LRe's loss. They'll have lost a fair few subscriptions and I know I won't be buying their publication again....

Just like to add my copmments to this thread... WELL DONE CHAPS! :D

Considering the timescale, I'm mightily impressed that you've managed to get this forum up and running with the number of members it has already... A damn fine job :D

I have already put a link to it from my website (although its' painfully out of date at the mo!! :unsure: )

I'd be right up for any forum merchandise that becomes available, especially any stickers :D so all you designy type bods out there, get yr pencils out... or can we just nick the lre sticker... that was nice and simple.

My only suggestion :rolleyes: , which I think has already been mentioned somewhere else would be a slightly easier/catchier web site address.

I'll happily support this forum as it takes a lot of the monotony out of the everyday struggle of being parked in front of a pooter trying to look busy!!! :lol:

Keep up the good work chaps!

Dan :D

Another big 'thanks' to all who managed to get us a new place to hang out.....

A great shame about the loss of the archive material - the 'search' button was always my first port of call when I got a new clunk, squeak or rumble........ and when the LR had a problem too!! :lol:

Dunk

"Smatter of interest, when did the move to this forum start & what was the vital post I missed "? Was it something like " All Forum Members Read This" or was it something more subtle. Having seen such headings b4 refering to inappropriate ( to who?) postings,etc, I've tended to ignore them, possibly should mend my ways. :huh: Wife has stopped laughing now, she realised her brief spell in the ascendency is over. :D:D

Thanks for getting a real forum back on line!

I am glad the tech archive was saved, even if the previous submissions are now under a new 'author'!

Specifically, the 'biggy' was mine - 'How to increase the performance of your 200/300 TDI - almost for free!' - at last count this had about 26,000 views, so hopefully it was of use to a few people!

I am really pleased to have a new and remarkably familiar forum to visit. Even though I didn't post much recently on the LRE forum, I did view it daily.

Good luck with it Les and others, and thanks. I will be a regular viewer and perhaps contributor.

Jon Roberts :D

Have the guys saved all of the Technical Archive??

If it's all there, then this must have been a mamoth task as there was presumably no simple way of doing it.

I hope so - was always my first bolt hole if I couldn't work out how to rectify a fault.....more valuable than RAVE.

Neil

I know I dont comment on the Landie stuff too often now (too busy murdering small animals, oh and doing the GLASS stuff) but it came as a surprise when I was told LRe had died (cheers Oildropper)

Found you via ORRP, and Im glad I did.

The big yellow one WILL be out again soon :rolleyes:

I would think something along these lines

due to our estimeed leader throwing his toys out of the pram earlier this month and closing the Landrover enthusiast forum I have nothing to write so this space will be taken up next month by another advert for useless tat that we'll be having fitted for gratis and doing a write up on

Thanks Les for spearheading the new forum.

Guess the LRE will stop coming in the post now, will subscribe to Land magazine and practice my French  :D

Hey Sharky !!

Glad to see you made it over here :)

French? didn't you learn any of that in Canada? :) :)

My only suggestion :rolleyes: , which I think has already been mentioned somewhere else would be a slightly easier/catchier web site address.

It's in hand - us 'techy types' have a little shovel work to do but we should soon be properly located at Land Rover Addict.

Well, now that Green has 'screwed the pooch' as they say, so delicately, over here, I can have my say on LRE. I have from time to time in the past written articles for LRE (and for LRM - not sure if I ever did anything for LRO) for example on the Team Saluki boys when I was living in Dubai. The first was a vanity piece on the Tonka, so I was happy with publication and a free subscription (well, not really 'happy' per se) after that I wrote some pieces on Team Saluki and since they were effectively good PR for the team, didn't want remuneration. I then wrote a couple of pieces when I was in Malaysia, for which I incurred some costs for pictures, photo enhancement, mailing etc., and for which I asked the "going rate" for a freelancer. I was told this was 100 quid a page by James Taylor and while I was sure this was under rate, said fine. To this day, I have not been paid for the Malaysian pieces I did, the third of which I held publication on after numerous stories down the phone about the "check is in the mail".

It's a small thing, but it shows the petty-minded fleecing mentality of the outfit. So, glad we're here and f*** 'em at LRE.