LRO shepton Mallet Show

jules

Hi there,

Sorry for the ignorance but i have not seen this advertised before!

What size is the show, compared to billing? is it half the size, all the size?

Im very intersted in going and are planning a trip with some freinds, im just after a warm fuzzy feeling of what to expect before i agree to spend any time in the car with them!

Has any trade stands confirmed yet?

Cheers

Neil

The show is advertised in this months LRO and there has been a lot of talk about in on different LR Forums so there is a lot of public awareness about the event,

According to LandyAndy's post above,

"LR GEAR, Anchor Supplies,Exmoor Trim,Sam's 4x4, Disco Breakers, are a few that have already committed we have 60 prebooked for camping for the weekend already as well as advanced day tickets"

I know that West Mids 4x4 are thinking of attending.

Would be nice to see an updated traders list from Andy....

HTH

Brookers

The show is advertised in this months LRO and there has been a lot of talk about in on different LR Forums so there is a lot of public awareness about the event,

According to LandyAndy's post above,

"LR GEAR, Anchor Supplies,Exmoor Trim,Sam's 4x4, Disco Breakers, are a few that have already committed we have 60 prebooked for camping for the weekend already as well as advanced day tickets"

I know that West Mids 4x4 are thinking of attending.

Would be nice to see an updated traders list from Andy....

HTH

Brookers

SLRC have also booked a club stand.

Neil , Im coming down with two vehicles for the Innovate Stand , Which gate are we aiming at ?

If you need a hand with anything before 8pm give me a shout .

Jase, as far as i'm aware if your bringing motors in come down to the main gate, take the road to Castle Cary as you come out of Shepton and remember the speed camera as you drop down Prestleigh hill to the showround :ph34r:

Brookers

I was looking at a new bit of ground on sat with Matt that will make a very interesting extreme route :ph34r:

Brookers

Must admit,, nice course that been especially built, looking forward to driving it :)

Seams quite a few are going, half a dozen or so from here on the Innovate club stand, and more helping out on the off road course,, should be a good weekend :D

Just got back home from this and, I have to say, not massively impressed. Saw some familiar faces and lots of second-hand parts but as the "LRO show" I was expecting more big name stands there, and by 1pm on Sunday most of the traders were starting to pack away.

I walked in to find I only had a second-hand car dealer, the offroad course and a dodgem stand for my £8 entry fee. Most of the show was hidden behind these stands and there was enough to justify the entry fee, just. I'll be back next year in the hope that it's a much bigger event with more of the major players turning out too; the venue's perfect for a much bigger show, which is what seems to be strangling Billing from expanding any further.

Highlight for me was the 110 Hi-cap hot tub conversion - despite the steady trickle out of the back it looked entertaining, especially to drive around with the potential to slosh down your back :)

post-277-125587874292_thumb.jpg

I believe that Mr Lovejoy may have had a bit of a 'stuck' on the offroad course too?

Just got back home from this and, I have to say, not massively impressed. Saw some familiar faces and lots of second-hand parts but as the "LRO show" I was expecting more big name stands there, and by 1pm on Sunday most of the traders were starting to pack away.

I walked in to find I only had a second-hand car dealer, the offroad course and a dodgem stand for my £8 entry fee. Most of the show was hidden behind these stands and there was enough to justify the entry fee, just. I'll be back next year in the hope that it's a much bigger event with more of the major players turning out too; the venue's perfect for a much bigger show, which is what seems to be strangling Billing from expanding any further.

Highlight for me was the 110 Hi-cap hot tub conversion - despite the steady trickle out of the back it looked entertaining, especially to drive around with the potential to slosh down your back :)

post-277-125587874292_thumb.jpg

I believe that Mr Lovejoy may have had a bit of a 'stuck' on the offroad course too?

have to agree why do we have to pay £8 to spend our money on stuff we might need was the same at newbury the other weekend at least with billing there was things to do and watch all weekend .Second hand parts seam to be getting rather expensive these days too is this because of the high pitch fees traders have to pay aswell as us paying for the privilage of purchasing them

I had a great weekend down at the Show , The location is superb far better than any other show ground I have been too , The craic was good and the company was excellent .

Thanks to Matt,Brookers and the rest of the Extreme Off Road team firstly for inviting us to marshall the very well laid out course and for looking after us with food and drink and also for accomadating the Innovate stand next to the course .

Thanks to Luvvers for providing some quality entertainment for the crowds on saturday afternoon :D:D

I realise that a lot were dissapointed by the size of the show ,But remember its a first for the location and with all things it can only get better with time ,Publicity, Good support from the bigger traders and clubs and most of all from the punters .

Also I think it would benefit from running the show for all marques of 4x4 not just one .

I do hope it comes back to the Royal Bath & West Showground next year , We will deffo be there again .

have to agree why do we have to pay £8 to spend our money on stuff we might need was the same at newbury the other weekend at least with billing there was things to do and watch all weekend .Second hand parts seam to be getting rather expensive these days too is this because of the high pitch fees traders have to pay aswell as us paying for the privilage of purchasing them

i went on saturday and i dont get a lot of time off ,had i gentle strole around (wanted a nanocom but didnt see any)had chinese, then we watched the off roading for aleast two hours and what a good show they put on, some kept us very amused,wish i did the course now as the standard landys coped very well indeed,It wasnt as big or bash as the other shows but it was ok and if we dont go they wont put them on i surpose,i will go next year as its closest to me about hour and haft

I had a great weekend down at the Show , The location is superb far better than any other show ground I have been too , The craic was good and the company was excellent .

Thanks to Matt,Brookers and the rest of the Extreme Off Road team firstly for inviting us to marshall the very well laid out course and for looking after us with food and drink and also for accomadating the Innovate stand next to the course .

Thanks to Luvvers for providing some quality entertainment for the crowds on saturday afternoon biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I realise that a lot were dissapointed by the size of the show ,But remember its a first for the location and with all things it can only get better with time ,Publicity, Good support from the bigger traders and clubs and most of all from the punters .

Also I think it would benefit from running the show for all marques of 4x4 not just one .

I do hope it comes back to the Royal Bath & West Showground next year , We will deffo be there again .

I had to give it a miss as I had to work at short notice but it sounds like it has loads of pertential for the future..

Shows are what you make of them but as a southener I will be giving any support I can (hopfully next year work wont be so hard to come by) smile.gif

Well myself, Minivin and Twizzle made the short 30 minute run up there today and for a first go I have to say it wasn't bad.

Found a load of Series bargains around the jumble for Trigger and would definitely go again.

Never did find the Shire LRC stand and noted you didn't make it Jules but did anyone else man the stand or was it hidden? :ph34r:

Not long got back from the show myself.

Bearing in mind that it had nothing to to with LRO and had received very very poor advertising I thought it went rather well.

I didn't get the chance to see any of the stands as I was working on the off road course all weekend, but those people I did see seemed to be enjoying it! My 6 year old lad certainly loved it - he managed to blag a ride in an ex camel 110 around the off road course with one of our marshals which made his weekend!

Pics anyone?

Matt

We went along today.

Small show but has potential. Glad to have supported it and hope it takes off in the future. Spoke to Simon at X-Eng and Phil at Raptor along with a few others.

If it hadn't been as far I would have braved the off road course which looked very good but I didn't want to be 3 hours from home with a non running landy.

Took a stack of photos which I have uploaded to my site:

Click on land Rover Show Shepton Mallet - October 2009 at:

http://www.landrover...-rover-gallery/

post-4939-125590031743_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed it! It was a shame it was not better advertised - but for a first show, it was pretty good.

About 40% of X-Eng's customers are in the South West, so I felt a show in that area made a lot of sense.

I liked the fact that you could spectate a fair bit of the off road course and that the mix of things there was a bit different to the other shows. I think there should have been a shuttle service to transport heavy stuff back to the car park - or vehicles allowed on to the site to pick stuff up. I think this impacted sales of heavy things like batteries rather.

On the whole, it was worthwhile and we'll be back next year.

Si