Hello from the Isle of Man

RickB

Hi, my name is Matt, I'm from Rotherham and I have.... a.... Land Rover problem :D

DSC00740.jpg

Been here a while but normally lurk a lot - think I may have introduced myself before but hell, can't hurt agian can it :D

That picture is very old - been too busy fixing it to take photo's :D.

Cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

From just outside Sheffield myself, in fact closer to Rotherham, drive a Land Rover 90 converted to 300tdi :D.

Might see you around, what colour is it?

Cheers

Matt

hi mate its multi colour at the min its only been finished a few months and im concentrating on building it into challenge truck (slowly) its got a few things done at the mo full cage lifted tube front bumper big wheels etc.im only 10 mins from rotherham other side of chapeltown

Just thought I would say hello being the new lad here. My name is Edd Jones, I have a 1952 80, a 1988 CSW V8 90 and a 2008 tdci 90 CSW. I am based in Guernsey the land of no MoT or road tax as such, the duty is on the fuel. It is still a lot cheaper than the mainland.

Bye for now

Edd

Edd, you should have said hello a couple of weeks back! was over your way visiting. Nice place to be although you are upto 91p for unleaded now arent you?

Hi James

Yeah about 91p per litre, but at certain petrol stations with a supermarket voucher you can get 10p per litre of, so 81p with road tax included, and no mot still makes motoring cheap.

Land rovers are very popular here as you may have seen, we have a couple of good sites we can use so its all good fun.

Regards

Edd

Guest diesel_jim
Yes it is a nice part of the world, im not a native, just here on my wifes 5 year licence. Home to us is Wiltshire.

Town, nothing changes!!!

Edd.

Where abouts in Wilts are you from?

I'm just outside Swindon

Guest diesel_jim
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Jim we used to live in Ramsbury, we still have our house in the village and have it rented out at the moment and used to have my workshop in Aldbourne.

Edd

Crikey, just down t' road then.

Just thought I would say hello being the new lad here. My name is Edd Jones, I have a 1952 80, a 1988 CSW V8 90 and a 2008 tdci 90 CSW. I am based in Guernsey the land of no MoT or road tax as such, the duty is on the fuel. It is still a lot cheaper than the mainland.

Bye for now

Edd

Yeah Guernsey very nice place sailed there from Southampton many a time.

Although most landies over there must get higher in the box than 2 nd do they :rolleyes:

Hello everyone i'm Max i'm 13 and i have just bought a Series 3!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...rksid=p3907.m29

I would like to make it into a proper off-roader.

Can a Spring suspension be fitted instead of the leaf suspension?

Big wheels?

Snorkel?

All off road stuff!

Also i would like to learn basic mechanical skills on the landy!

Thanks Max :blink:

Yes that will be a good idea ;)!!

Thanks Max

:)

I would also like to paint it at some point, how would i go about that i would want it black.

Thanks Max :D

as above?

Thanks Its got a 2.25l Petrol 73hp

Max

Welcome Max

Looks like you got yourself a nice project there.

Before you get to deep into springs and big wheels get the welding done and go play.

As it stands or with some slightly aggressive tyres will be more than enough for you to learn on.

Amend your profile so we can see where you hail from. From this you may find someone local who can donate bits to a good cause.

This will be an excellent way for you to learn all things automotive and beyond. I started part time working in a garage when I was 14 so you are in good company.

Steve