Forum greenlane trip to North Wales

GBMUD

Hi,

I am planning on camping and - looking at the pictures of well-manicured sites set me wondering if there are any fords around which can be pressed into mud-removal duties at the end of Saturday's drive? :D

Apologies since I think this has already been covered but I can't find it!

Does anyone know the name of the campsite just north of the Wild Pheasant on the A5? Googling "Camping Llangollen" doesn't find it although it is shown on the OS map and looks to be there in the aerial pic on maps.google... It's where the river departs from the road.

Apologies since I think this has already been covered but I can't find it!

Does anyone know the name of the campsite just north of the Wild Pheasant on the A5? Googling "Camping Llangollen" doesn't find it although it is shown on the OS map and looks to be there in the aerial pic on maps.google... It's where the river departs from the road.

I know there is one on the A542 Abbey road, on the other side of the river,head as if you are going towards the Horseshoe pass and it's on the right hand side of the road. HTHs? :)

N.Wales is likely to be a lot less severe that what you would expect to find crossing Africa, so a roof rack and tent should help with the learning curve of your and your vehicles limitations in an off road environment.

John

You have obviously not driven 'The Dogleg' in the Ceriog valley then.

Lets get this straight DO NOT drive this lane with a roof tent attached or for that matter a roof rack, you WILL lose bits or all of them!!! Dont belive me ?? check with Paul H

You have obviously not driven 'The Dogleg' in the Ceriog valley then.

Lets get this straight DO NOT drive this lane with a roof tent attached or for that matter a roof rack, you WILL lose bits or all of them!!! Dont belive me ?? check with Paul H

Thanks for the tip :D

John

Updated list of people who have stated an interest in coming.

Weekend 6/7 November.

GBMud

headhunter

Pete Attryde

Zeb

ThreeSheds

V8 Freak

Draper 40

mickeyw

Sheeppimp

TJ101 + JST

TurboCharger

Jen90CSW

Bluemoon

Si White

old leafer

Les Henson (with V8F)

Pugwash

Timpo

tommi

Aragorn

Dalai Lama

Darthdicky + JohnW (camping in LR)

Simonr + RocKeR

Speedy_Gonzales (Jamie)

4x4 Ledbury ?

Godlykepower ?

Thats 26 so far. (25 with vehicles as some of the above are doubling up)

Anymore? I will up date this list from now on.

John

John

For info,, belive Pugwash and Walfy will be in a hotel as well ?

hi john have you got any routes sorted out yet... i know paul said if he's not workin he would pop up for a chat. if anybody is at tong for the last H.W.challenge i will be there if you wont a few lanes marking up...

cheers kev.

thanks paul :P trying to loose 20 odd vehicles on the lanes around here in 2 days is more than enough. :lol:

might call up to the hotel on sat night though..

When are you geting it "finished" ?

Anyway I have emailed V8 Freak lods of over lays for lanes. As soon as I get the other laptop on I will send some more.

Paul