Forum greenlane trip to North Wales

GBMUD

all the bits are here had the braided hoses of llama tuesday.. just need a kick in the rear to get goin.. :lol:

they wont need me to give them any routes as you will have them all covered just hoping theres not to many roofracks etc.

Edited by gaf lad

Unfortunately i can't make this one now- prior engagement with other fat more attractive people calls!!! :D

Walfy was supposed to be passenger with me but as i can't make it I think he might go with weeble instead- he can confirm though.

Just looking ahead to next weekend and wondering how many groups we will have. If everyone who said they would turns up then we will need 6-7 groups of trucks and, consequently, 6-7 group leaders. I am happy to lead a group and earlier in this thread Pete Attryde and V8 Freak also offered to lead - that does leave a small deficit.

Is anyone else willing and able to lead a group? All you need is maps and a highlighter pen - the relevant map numbers were dealt with earlier in the thread, IIRC it is 124, 125, 135 and 136 - and ideally a co-driver to read the maps. You can then copy the lanes off my (or someone's maps) on the FRIDAY EVENING and lead a group off on the Saturday AM. I would think that as a minimum your group would want to buy you a pint in recognition of your efforts and investment.

This event cannot go ahead without group leaders/map readers.

Leaders so far:

• gbmud
  • V8 Freak
  • Pete Attryde

Thanks all.

I will be away over the weekend but I am sure that V8 Freak, Les or Headhunter will keep the list of willing volunteers updated.

Chris

V8 freak has lots of overlays for the area.

I have more I will try to get to him tomorrow or monday. But I am out laneing in the area tomorrow. As it happend, as it is now next weekend, I am off friday and saturday. So if you do get stuck for leaders I might be able to help out saturday. But as I have been out 2 weeks in a row she (the wife) might have other plans :angry: But we can always put the plans off :lol: That as you do not mind been lead by a Toyota :ph34r:

Paul

Final domestic arrangements have been made and my plans are now fixed and, except for something drastic happening, I will be there for the Saturday only from 09:00 to 19:00 and will have a spare seat if anyone is in need.

If there is a potential 'path-finder' who needs a ride for Saturday I also have MM and a CB.

I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting everyone - bit of a shame I can't stay for the evening, but I should manage a quick one before I have to leave.

Roger

p.s. I can't recall seeing anything about contact numbers - it would be nice if I could call someone in the unlikely <ahem> occurrence of a breakdown... I am happy to trade PMs with my mobile number to a few key people if it is felt that this would be ok?

Paul / All,

I've done some work on Pauls overlays and marked the lanes he's driven over the last 2 years in North Wales.

We can share the file around on Friday night / Saturday morning for those with Memory Map. I'll save it in a few formats to hopefully cover various versions.

Neil

Hi All,

Definitely looking forward to next weekend. Just a few things left to fix before the.

As I'm coming a fair old way for this weekend (Surrey) I'll be combining the trip with picking up some wheels n tyres on the Friday. Obviously being in a 90 I'll be carrying a fair few of them on a ROOFRACK!!!! Not wishing to go laning with any of this stacked on top I'm looking to see if there's anyone local who would be good enough to let me leave these at their's in a reasonably secure place until the Sunday afternoon.

Any offers could you please get in touch by PM.

I should have Memory Map with me and CB if I can bring it to life :unsure:

TIA

Group leaders - the trip can't go ahead without anyone willing to point the way. I don't have a set of maps yet (and with good ol' Royal Mail I think I might have to go to seek some from a shop during the week) so:

I'm willing to lead a group, with this proviso for everyone following me:

• My Ninety is twenty five years old
  • It's only done 1000 miles in the last six months, so it's a bit of an unknown quantity
  • It's probably going to break down
  • George will be map-reading
  • She normally uses TomTom to get to work
  • Using a map for George usually means obscuring at least one mirror and half the windscreen.
  • She tends to have a sense of humour failure when people laugh at her
  • I don't always follow her directions anyway if I think she's got it wrong
  • We'll all need a sense of humour to get to the end of the day

Think of it more as a convoy with a floor show than a laning weekend and we'll get along fine.

Hi All,

Definitely looking forward to next weekend. Just a few things left to fix before the.

As I'm coming a fair old way for this weekend (Surrey) I'll be combining the trip with picking up some wheels n tyres on the Friday. Obviously being in a 90 I'll be carrying a fair few of them on a ROOFRACK!!!! Not wishing to go laning with any of this stacked on top I'm looking to see if there's anyone local who would be good enough to let me leave these at their's in a reasonably secure place until the Sunday afternoon.

Any offers could you please get in touch by PM.

I should have Memory Map with me and CB if I can bring it to life :unsure:

TIA

You could leave them at my place. I will not be here sunday, but my wife will be.

Paul

This event cannot go ahead without group leaders/map readers.

Leaders so far:

• gbmud
  • V8 Freak
  • Pete Attryde
  • Turbocharger (George!)

So, after a whole weekend one more group navigator has emerged, thanks John and George. :) Pete, I am sorry to say that it looks like you are going to be stuck with this unless either a lot of people do not show or some MORE PEOPLE VOLUNTEER to make this trip a success for everyone.

Remember everyone, we need people to read a map, that is all, there is no research to do, PaulH has done all that for himself and is kindly willing to share the knowledge with us. All you need is a few maps, a highlighter pen and to ask someone to help mark the maps correctly on the Friday evening at the pub. After that navigation is easy. Without map readers there will be a lot of people spending their weekend on the steam railway/canal trips!

Chris

Chris,

That's fine.

I have a similar list of provisio's as John about age and condition of vehicle, coupled witht the fact that I have only managed to finish the major mechanical bits yesterday, so will have done about 150 miles (on road) in it prior to the trip.

Pete.

Chris123 and I are running up in Convoy, happy to follow his and Mat (his passenger's) navigation so getting lost isn't a problem. Sadly my co-pilot is utterly unable to use a map to get somewhere from anywhere. He can point at Golf Courses and Rivers but that is sadly the limit of his talent!

I'm going to have to pull out of this unfortunately.

The discos sat on the drive with the carbs removed and bits of inlet manifold strewn across the garage floor, and i'll be struggling to get it all finished/reassembled and tuned up for the weekend :(

Fingers crossed for next time!