Thieving buggas

treebloke

Mate just called me to say some one has nicked his bonnet .

2009, 110 sitting on his drive 7pm sunday.

First they tried to jemmy the drivers door and couldn't so they smashed the drivers window, popped the bonnet and took off with it.

He heard the window go but by the time he had got to his feet they were off.

A white tranny van, wonder what ethnic minority that might be. To be fair we got em all in and around Wolves. Seems theres more of them, than there is of us.

Puma bonnets are in very high demand, all 2007 onwards owners need to be aware they have a very high value on them. Friend works in JLR repair shops, sees it all the time. Cant post the link to my other Forum as you need to be a member to see it.

don't know why they are in high demand, i don't like the big bulge at all, I'm sure LR designers could have done a much better job.

feel for your buddy though, not a cheap part to replace & I don't think a earlier bonnet would fit

a td5 bonnet will fit apparently! but there is no squash area between it and the top of the engine, if you hit someone and they land on the bonnet. thats was the need for the bulge apparently!

This is one reason I am fitting Aerocatch latches and no release cable. That and the quality of the release cables :)

How is fitting bonnet pins more secure than an in-car release cable? :unsure:

Mind you, if you're fitting aerocatches it won't be a problem because they don't like mud.

Sorry to hear that. Evidently Puma bonnets are in demand.

More people need to own guns, about the only thing these scum understand <_<

Are you serious? Do you need to be told what the consequences will be for your firearms or shotgun licence (that is presuming you hold one of course) let alone the chances of getting blown away by an armed response unit if you start waving a firearm about at people? :rolleyes:

Are you serious? Do you need to be told what the consequences will be for your firearms or shotgun licence (that is presuming you hold one of course) let alone the chances of getting blown away by an armed response unit if you start waving a firearm about at people? :rolleyes:

I guess most members would take that comment in the spirit in which it was intended as an off the cuff remark, slightly 'tongue in cheek'. Thats certainly how I perceived it and do not think Retroanaconda was serious.

I own many guns would not shoot anyone on the say so of a thread on this forum, although going back to the comment, it probably is the only thing some scum bugs understand based on the way the judicial system works, does not work.

a td5 bonnet will fit apparently! but there is no squash area between it and the top of the engine, if you hit someone and they land on the bonnet. thats was the need for the bulge apparently!

It's possible, but I doubt it'll fit if you have Air-Con as the pump sits very high on the engine.

No, don't worry I wasn't being serious. The last thing anyone wants is a car full of AFOs turning up and arresting you, or worse.

Unfortunately in all reality there is very little one can do to stop someone if you catch them in the middle of doing something like this.